300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information request

I am a military Vet. and recently turned 37, so I was disqualified from the FAMs hiring process. Aside from ICE/Border Patrol, can anyone inform me of any other Federal agencies that hire agents/Vets over 37?

Thanks in advance!

Secret Service Uniform Division will, all the way to age 40.....and the FBI police, if I'm not mistaken....... And you have the Border Patrol as an option as well.
    Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

That is werid, Vets age out at 40.

Comment

Huh? Career vets tend to age out at 38, assuming that they enter service at age 18; which a large chunk do.
        Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

U.S. Park Police (National Park Service). You can be over 37 if you claim VET preference with a wavier
          http://www.nps.gov/uspp/hirproc2.htm

Comment

FAM can't legally DQ you for age as a preference vet. File a complaint with DOL, then wait the 30 days and file with MSPB.

IRS CI DQ me for age, I filed complaint under the VEOA and I became an special agent at 42, and the Treasury changed their policy.

PM me if you need guidance on how to file. There are tight time lines and procedures to follow.

OPM Policy

http://www.chcoc.gov/Transmittals/Tr...smittalId=2484
            "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

Originally posted by Scout0315 View Post
              FAM can't legally DQ you for age as a preference vet. File a complaint with DOL, then wait the 30 days and file with MSPB.

IRS CI DQ me for age, I filed complaint under the VEOA and I became an special agent at 42, and the Treasury changed their policy.

PM me if you need guidance on how to file. There are tight time lines and procedures to follow.

OPM Policy

http://www.chcoc.gov/Transmittals/Tr...smittalId=2484
              Searched all over the DOL site and cannot find a complaint form or process???? Can anyone assist?

Comment

CHANGES TO VETERANS' PREFERENCE AS PROVIDED IN THE VETERANS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ACT OF 1998 (VEOA)
                (Public Law 105-339)
                1.Preference Eligibles who allege that an agency has violated such individual's rights under any statute or regulation relating to veterans' preference may file a complaint with the Secretary of Labor, The Veterans Employment and Training Service Agency (VETS).
                2. Complaints must be filed within 60 days after the date of the alleged violation.
                3. Not earlier than 61 days after filing a complaint with VETS, complainants may appeal their case to the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB).
                4. If the MSPB has not issued a decision within 120 days, claimants may seek judicial redress in the US District Courts. Details of these procedures are identified in section 3 of the VEOA, PL 105-339.
                5. Veterans' preference is extended to now apply to employee positions in the Government Accounting Office, Office of the President, certain legislative and judicial positions, and in Reduction In Force (RIF) situations, the Federal Aviation Agency (FAA).
                6. Failure to comply with veterans' preference requirements will be treated as a Prohibited Personnel Practice (PPP) for certain purposes. To knowingly take, recommend, or approve any personnel action if the failure to take such action would violate veterans preference requirements or to fail to take, recommend or approve any personnel action if the failure to take such action would violate veterans' preference requirements is a PPP.
                Link to
                U.S. Department of Labor
                Veterans' Employment and Training Service
                Online form VP-1010
                Look at long on box, register new user.
                https://vets1010.dol.gov/Login.aspx?...2fdefault.aspx
                "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12093 users online. 483 members and 11610 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X