300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Interdiction Officer

Anybody know of any news for new hires? There are about 5 pages of supervisory posting for Officer/Agent on USAjobs right now.

I'm hoping it's a good sign. Maybe they will have new openings for all those they are promoting.

Comment

Are you all referring to Pilot slots or the guys in back?

Comment

I mean my heart is dead set on Border Patrol Agent but in the 21st Century, one must keep their options open. Something about hanging out of a Blackhawk going nap of the Earth over the Sonoran desert sounds a tad bit exciting to me. I'd be game. Not too far off from BPA in the grand scheme of things anyway.

Comment

If it is for Pilot then in the announcement it will very clearly say you must have at least 1500 logged flight hours. If there is no mention of that in the posting then it is for the guys in the back. The Pilots official title is Air Interdiction Agent, not Officer. That makes me think it is not for the pilot either.
          The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
          I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
          Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Comment

I would like to hear more on this job. What do the "guys in back"/Air Interdiction Officer do? And what are the qualifications? I have some flight training but no ratings and I have a year in corrections and in May I'll have a four year degree in Aviation Management.

Comment

They ride in the back and act as the eyes in the sky for the Agents on the ground. They look for everything such as groups of illegal aliens, and drug smugglers, as well as do search and rescue. Quite often they will land the helicopter and they will go hands on with a group of illegals or smugglers if there are no ground Agents around or if the ground Agents need the extra help. It's a pretty sweet gig and is highly sought after. I'm not saying you wont get it, but they usually like to hire current Border Patrol agents or Customs Officers.
              The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
              I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
              Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9857 users online. 471 members and 9386 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X