300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wildlife97 View Post
    Thats correct. With the NPS your only at the FTO park for a few weeks then rotate to another one till your off FTO. With the USFWS your training refuge will essentially be your temporary home until there is a regular position open for you somewhere and you will definiately be there for more then a few months. I've talked to a couple people that were hired last year and none of them have moved out of their training refuge.
    Wow...is housing/stipend provided since it's a temporary "training" location?

Comment

Originally posted by TXICE View Post
      Wow...is housing/stipend provided since it's a temporary "training" location?
      I don't believe so. Some refuges do offer housing and some do require it for their officers, much like NPS. But if there is no government housing I don't believe there is any assistance with housing. I know this was a big issue with several of last year's applicants.

Comment

Just checking, is this position covered under 6c? Do you have to also use a fire arm? I think I saw the announcement, but didn't read it well.
        Last edited by nestor2k; 03-17-2011, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nestor2k View Post
          Just checking, is this position covered under 6c? Do you have to also use a fire arm? I think I saw the announcement, but didn't read it well.
          please, please, please tell me you were not referred for selection.

Comment

Originally posted by nestor2k View Post
            Yes and yes, though I'm guessing you aren't familiar with the position or the USFWS if you even ask. It is a uniformed federal LEO position requiring 4.5 months of training (LMPT) at FLETC and subsequent FWS specific training. It is fairly competitive and generally the FWS only take people who really want this specific type of job and know the details about it.

Comment

Thanks um09 for your explanation!

Comment

Anyone get confirmation of their date/flight for second interview yet?
                BP
                Test- 9/18/08 (El Paso)
                NOR- 9/18/08 (98 no vet)
                PUT ON HOLD B/C OF MILITARY
                Reactivated- 7/8/09 (103 w/vet)
                Fitness/physical- July 2009 (passed)
                Drug test- August 2009 (passed)
                Oral board - October 2009 (passed)
                Stop-lossed and deployed to Iraq
                BI- February 2010 (passed)
                Switched application from northern border to southern border- September 2010
                TSU- Dec 2, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by stimble View Post
                  not yet bro

Comment

Nope. TXICE, just FYI, I sent you a PM tonight.

Comment

Does anyone know what the minimum assessment score USFWS is accepting to refer people for refuge officer positions? I am referring to the "test" that is done with the application, it has about 80 yes/no questions.

Comment

Originally posted by wildlife97 View Post
                        Does anyone know what the minimum assessment score USFWS is accepting to refer people for refuge officer positions? I am referring to the "test" that is done with the application, it has about 80 yes/no questions.
                        No idea. They don't tell us that info during the application process. But unless you have status or non competitive/special hiring authority (such as veteran VRA/VEOA), it seems like it is a moot point given this. Even with prior LE time, we all have prior LE time.

Comment

Interviews went well. Fingers crossed. Any input from others attending?
                          Last edited by TXICE; 03-31-2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Anyone hear any update?

Comment

When are selections being made?
                              BP
                              Test- 9/18/08 (El Paso)
                              NOR- 9/18/08 (98 no vet)
                              PUT ON HOLD B/C OF MILITARY
                              Reactivated- 7/8/09 (103 w/vet)
                              Fitness/physical- July 2009 (passed)
                              Drug test- August 2009 (passed)
                              Oral board - October 2009 (passed)
                              Stop-lossed and deployed to Iraq
                              BI- February 2010 (passed)
                              Switched application from northern border to southern border- September 2010
                              TSU- Dec 2, 2010

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9010 users online. 401 members and 8609 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X