300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USFWS Refuge Officer

I just received word that Ill be participating in a telephonic interview in ref to the above position with the USFWS. Anyone else participating in this? The vacancy was open to all Fed employees and vets (I think) and depicted many vacancies. Good luck.

I got refered for a GL5 slot....haven't heard anything back so far.

What's your background? NR LE?

Comment

Originally posted by DirtSailor View Post
      I got refered for a GL5 slot....haven't heard anything back so far.

What's your background? NR LE?
      Im a retired local leo and current fed leo. I have no NR leo experience.

Comment

Originally posted by TXICE View Post
        Im a retired local leo and current fed leo. I have no NR leo experience.
        Thats good to hear!! Hopefully I get some notice on this too...

Comment

I have a phone interview coming up for this position. Good luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by MPK9 View Post
            I have a phone interview coming up for this position. Good luck to all.
            pm sent

Comment

Not sure how much you know about these positions so I figured I will add in. Last year USFWS started a new "centralized" hiring system for new Refuge Officers. These positions will be the second group that will go thru this new program. Essentially you will be hired, sent to FLETC for LMPT (if you haven't attended yet), then go to USFWS Refuge Officer School, then FTO. Once completed with FTO you will go to your "training refuge". Your training refuge will be your "temporary" home while you complete all training and are become for the GL-9 positions. Once you have completed all training and are eligible for the 9 positions you can be non-competitively hired for any vacany across the country. So how fast you move from your training refuge to your actual new home refuge can be months or years, it just depends on vacancies and funding. So if you are going into this thinking where you will be hired can be your home for the next 5 years your wrong, it will just be a long term training location. So essentially you will move twice, once to your training refuge, then once all training is completed and there is a opening somewhere in the country you will then move to that location. It's not like with the other land management agencies where you apply for a certain location and can stay there your entire career. I know some officers that were hired last year and were the first under this new program are just now completing FTO and are heading to their "training refuges".

Comment

When did the announcement close? I must have just totally missed it. I’m glad my search engine for usajobs is working excellent. Well anyway, does anyone know when they will be hiring again? I am desperately trying to get back to the southeast. Thanks.
                DAWG

Comment

Originally posted by GA65 View Post
                  When did the announcement close? I must have just totally missed it. I’m glad my search engine for usajobs is working excellent. Well anyway, does anyone know when they will be hiring again? I am desperately trying to get back to the southeast. Thanks.
                  DAWG
                  The job was only available to status candidates. It closed about two weeks ago and was open for about a month. From what I have heard the USFWS is looking at doing these "large" hires for Refuge Officers about once a year, typically in Jan-March.

Comment

If I remember correctly the announcement stated selections would be made by June or July.

Comment

Things seemed to have gone well on the interview so will see what happens. On the announcement it said, EOD July of this year. I believe that will be the FLETC date.

Comment

Well I am currently a FEDleo but i guess i just must have missed the annoucement. I guess there is no way i could still get my application in on this. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by MPK9 View Post
                          Things seemed to have gone well on the interview so will see what happens. On the announcement it said, EOD July of this year. I believe that will be the FLETC date.
                          Only 6-10 vacancies...good luck ya'll.
                          Last edited by TXICE; 03-09-2011, 12:33 PM.

Comment

TXICE, PM didnt show up.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                              I made the cert for this and was interviewed this week. Was a very interesting 5-person panel with everyone tele-conferencing in from different locations and one person asking the questions while everyone else listened to my responses. Lasted about half an hour.

As a side question for anyone who can answer, what is the FWS standard (percentile) for the PEB? I know most agencies are 40th percentile; I'm just talking about minimum to pass at FLETC, not for any special certificates or schools.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8601 users online. 399 members and 8202 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X