300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruitment Incentive Bonus

At the job I'm currently at I was offered and accepted 1, conditions are term appointment of 2 years. If I leave at my request (quitting from what I'm assuming) I have to pay it back.

However, it has another piece of language that states.... "if my employment in the position shown above is terminated during the period of agreement at the convienence of the government, I will be entitled to retain the entire bonus".

My interpretation of convienence to the government includes leaving my current position to another within the federal government. Am I correct to think that? Anyone familiar with the incentive bonus process?

No, "convenience to the government" means if they RIF you are send you packing. It is possible that they could decide to let you keep the bonus if you went to another agency, but they sure as heck don't have to (and likely would want their money).

Contrary to popular belief, the federal government isn't viewed as one big government. Each agency (and even sub organizations within agencies) have their own purses. They all fight hard to keep what's theirs.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up I'm prepared to pay it back if I have to...just curious on that wording.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8699 users online. 412 members and 8287 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X