300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of hiring freeze?

I'm wondering if anyone has any kind of insight into when the hiring freeze will be over in Law Enforcement? I am hoping to get into Law Enforcement in about 4 or 5 years and I want to know if trying then would even be worth it...

Are you serious? 4 or 5 years?

Comment

Yes? Should I not be?

Comment

A big part of the hold on hiring right now is due to the fact that we're STILL in a continuing resolution, which means there is no official budget approval for FY2011. Keep in mind, FY2011 started in OCTOBER! It's pretty ridiculous stuff. The problem is that many of our congressman are refusing to even consider a new budget unless it includes major federal cuts. So it may be a while.

Comment

OP, I see you're an explorer and young. You needn't be so concerned about things like hiring freezes yet; L.E. is not one centralized profession or location- work shotages and manpower demands are highly dependent on location and it's economic conditions, as well as the actual work function within L.E. There's plenty of time for you to consider the various avenues availible to you besides just being a local patrol officer.

That said- Quite frankly, you've got bigger fish to fry, my dude/dudette. Concentrate on getting through school with good grades, keep your nose clean, consider a part time job when you're old enough to establish a work history...... Tackle one problem at a time, and don't worry so much about the things you have no control over- such as hiring freezes. Take care.
          Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

The world is ending in 2012 anyhow, so this is all for naught! lol

Comment

in about 4 or 5 years we all might be dead ...............
              officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

Originally posted by EBDO View Post
                The world is ending in 2012 anyhow, so this is all for naught! lol
                i agree cause when have the Mayans ever been wrong in the past?
                officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

Oh Quiet Pro, thought you were gonna go either Kung Fu or Star wars and call them grasshopper or Padawon. LOL
                  GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

Thank you all for the input.I guess I don't know why I though it was possible to predict the end of a freeze... Well I don't get the best grades in the world, I pass. I have kept my nose clean and have a job at a local fast food restaurant.. And no tickets yet (only had my license for two months) but I did total my car, wasn't at fault though so no ticket... My plan was to join either the Army or the Marines after school. I have a high enough ASVAB score (entrance was 75) to pretty much do anything. Since I am out of school in a year I went to a recruiter and told them I wanted to be an MP even though I know that agency wont look at an MP any differently then an infantryman. I guess my plan was to serve 4 years in and try and get a degree while (doubt that is very easy) serving and then get out and apply somewhere.. But if the world is going to end in 2012 screw it I am renting a party bus... lol

Comment

Originally posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
                      Oh Quiet Pro, thought you were gonna go either Kung Fu or Star wars and call them grasshopper or Padawon. LOL
                      He might as well be; he's young enough for it. I sure wish I had mentorship when I decided to get into L.E., instead of figuring it out one step at a time like many of us did.

May The Force Be With You, G!
                      Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

Haha thanks guys I do appreciate it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8732 users online. 409 members and 8323 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X