300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just sayin'....

I've been applying and testing for Police Departments in my area for the past several months now and just want to say, the more Police Officers I get to meet and interact with through this process, the more I want to be one. I've literally never been around any group of people in any of the other industries I've worked where people I've met have been so squared away, helpful and friendly. To anyone who hates cops, I'd only be able to say actually get to know a few and you might feel differently. As for me, at the risk of being hated by knuckleheads everywhere, having known folks on both sides of the law and given the choice as to who I'd rather be associated with....it's a no brainer. Just sayin'. Cheers to all of you officers on here and best of luck to everyone here trying to join their ranks!

If you have a mirror you might want to check that brown stuff all over your nose.
    sigpic

Comment

Are you wearing Boots or Waders? Its getting deep in here

J/K.....Good Luck with your process!!!

Comment

What exactly does "just sayin'" mean? That you are saying something but it isn't true?
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

After the r***ing he gets from starting this thread he might have to rethink his whole outlook...

Comment

The r***ings fine, I can take it and can definintely have a laugh at my own expense in the process. Just felt like putting something positive out there. I don't know about anyone else, but my experience thus far with the whole application/testing process has been really positive and I've been meeting some really great people along the way. I haven't always had that experience in other industries I've worked in, and thought I'd mention that because at least in my opinion, that's pretty cool. As far as brown nosing goes, I don't have anything to gain by posting anything here, so don't flatter yourselves too much. Like I said, just felt like putting something positive out there. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
              What exactly does "just sayin'" mean? That you are saying something but it isn't true?
              Just-
              — adv
              8. used with forms of have to indicate an action performed in the very recent past: I have just closed the door
              9. at this very instant: he's just coming in to land
              10. no more than; merely; only: just an ordinary car
              11. exactly; precisely: that's just what I mean
              12. by a small margin; barely: he just got there in time
              13. (intensifier): it's just wonderful to see you
              14. informal indeed; with a vengeance: isn't it just

Sayin', shortened version of "saying"- pronounced say-ing
              –noun
              1. something said, especially a proverb or apothegm.
              —Idiom
              2. go without saying, to be completely self-evident; be understood.

Comment

Originally posted by NHA View Post
                The r***ings fine, I can take it and can definintely have a laugh at my own expense in the process... As far as brown nosing goes, I don't have anything to gain by posting anything here, so don't flatter yourselves too much.
                Hmmm... you say you can take the r***ing and it's fine, but then seem to get offended and tell others to not flatter themselves? If you want to become a cop good luck, it's a tough field to get into right now with all the applicants in the tough economy, but work to develop a thicker skin (particularly when people are obviously just busting your [email protected]). Showing a thin skin on the job will only single you out for more and worse r***ing, don't be that guy.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHA View Post
                  Just-
                  — adv
                  8. used with forms of have to indicate an action performed in the very recent past: I have just closed the door
                  9. at this very instant: he's just coming in to land
                  10. no more than; merely; only: just an ordinary car
                  11. exactly; precisely: that's just what I mean
                  12. by a small margin; barely: he just got there in time
                  13. (intensifier): it's just wonderful to see you
                  14. informal indeed; with a vengeance: isn't it just

Sayin', shortened version of "saying"- pronounced say-ing
                  –noun
                  1. something said, especially a proverb or apothegm.
                  —Idiom
                  2. go without saying, to be completely self-evident; be understood.
                  I thought this was a good comeback anyway... lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6356 users online. 260 members and 6096 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X