300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places to live around DC for Fed LEO's

Me and my roomate are recent Fed Leos and have to relocate to DC. Any opinions on where to live around DC that will be a good time to hang out and party becauase we are both 25 but still in a semi nice area that wont kill us in rent...Any opinons would be awesome thanks in advance

How much do you want to spend is really the biggest question....? I lived in Pentagon City/Crystal City for a couple of years and if I ever move back, that's where I will go. Close to the Metro and a crap ton of stuff to do around there.... You can walk to almost anything you want.....plus there is a Harris Tetter in Pentagon City....or if you go down Route 1 there is a Grocery Store just as you get into Alexandra......

The farther you move out the more the traffic sucks balls..... I had buddies out there that was in that mess the other day.....12 hours in traffic just to go 3-4 miles. Had they lived closer, it wouldn't have been so bad.......

Comment

Well really as little as possible to be host I was thinking maybe 1400 to 1600 for a 2 bedroom apt hopefully thats realistic....were very flexible on either MD VA or DC

Comment

It depends on exactly where you will be working and whether you plan to commute by Metro.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I will be in DC near the white house and he is in alexandria at the pentagon so we will be taking the metro

Comment

Originally posted by federallyfunded View Post
            Well really as little as possible to be host I was thinking maybe 1400 to 1600 for a 2 bedroom apt hopefully thats realistic....were very flexible on either MD VA or DC
            I paid 1500 a month for my place....(1) bedroom 100 feet from Metro Stop..... Not sure if you are going to find anything as cheap as you want that close..... You might want to try looking out in Springfield area.... There is a Metro stop out there.... also look around other places off Blue/Yellow lines....

By all means, DO NOT LIVE IN THE HUNTINGTON AREA OF ALEXANDRA! I was there for 2 months and watched dope deals go down in the 7-11 parking lot and had some fellas act like they were going to jack me till I turned and revealed my badge/gun...... Not a fun place.....

Comment

My wife and I moved out here in late 2009 and got a place in Kingstowne (Alexandria). You can probably find a nice apartment in your price range and I know of a few LEO's who live right in my area. The area is pretty safe, well kept and seems to be occuppied by mostly professional's. Kingstowne is right between Van Dorn St. and the Franconia-Springfield Metro stops, both of which are only a couple miles or easily accessible by the Fairfax Connector bus service.

Kingstowne has two community pools and fitness centers for use by residents, as well as plenty of jogging/biking trails. In addition, there are plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby and on the weekends, Old Town Alexandria, downtown, and other nightlife areas are easily accessible by car or Metro.

Comment

Check out the Ballston and Clareton areas. Old town Alexandria is a good time...
                sigpic

Comment

Check out "The Park" in Arlington. They run a free shuttle directly to the Pentagon Metro stop, so your roomie can ride that (five minutes) to work, and you can hop the Yellow line into DC. Just had a buddy sign a lease there (he is a FLEO too) and he said 2 bedrooms were like $1600. They just updated every apartment in the place so they are nice. Close to everything, nice pool and decent gym in the clubhouse. Most of the neighbors are mid-20's.

Feel free to PM. I had to do the relocation thing too so I know your pain.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7562 users online. 304 members and 7258 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X