300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got done with the SGT written exam

I missed the highest score by 4 points. I actually marked two wrong by complete accident. Anyway, off to prep for the assessment center...

Any pointers/tips/suggestions?

Not sure if you are presenting to a panel or a recorder, differs everywhere I guess. Just make sure it makes sense chronologically and the organization is clear and concise.

Comment

No doubt every slapd!ck you're competing against knows the ways to "burn-a-cop" or handle a grievance. That's expected. Show them you know how to "commend-a-cop", from paper all the way to department medals, even national recognition (i.e. NAPO Top Cops).

If your department does not have any recognition program, start designing one, because "That that is rewarded, is repeated."
      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Thanks I really appreciate it.. Does anyone have any good outlines to work from?

Comment

Just got done with the assessment center. Three full days of stress, stress and more stress. I feel great about how I did. Now, it's hurry up and wait time..

Comment

They just posted the Official List and I did really well. I'm right up there in the top and should be promoted in the first group.

8 months of studying and I'm an overnight success..lol

Comment

Congrats--------------------------I think.

You must be careful what you ask for because you just might get it.......................I say that as one who promoted once to many times.......
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9259 users online. 424 members and 8835 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X