Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DOE NMC vs USMS DEO

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DOE NMC vs USMS DEO

    I will have the opportunity to select these positions in the coming months. I know what each job entails. Just want some insight and pros and cons of each job. I am currently a BPA. My wife and I have decided to move away from the border back to a real city. Any info will be appreciated.

  • #2
    DOE you will be away from home a lot more than you will as a DEO. Both aren't that exciting as far as what they do. DOE gives you some high speed training, but the job isn't that way. DEO will put you in a cellblock hookin and haulin bandits. But if family life is a big part of your decision, I would say the DOE job is the worst of the two. I don't know too much about the DOE job other than what I've heard from people that do it. As for the DEO job, I worked with them quite a bit. Most use it as a stepping stone to become a DUSM. Hope that helps a little.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by manstown View Post
      DOE you will be away from home a lot more than you will as a DEO. Both aren't that exciting as far as what they do. DOE gives you some high speed training, but the job isn't that way. DEO will put you in a cellblock hookin and haulin bandits. But if family life is a big part of your decision, I would say the DOE job is the worst of the two. I don't know too much about the DOE job other than what I've heard from people that do it. As for the DEO job, I worked with them quite a bit. Most use it as a stepping stone to become a DUSM. Hope that helps a little.
      So is there still a process in place for DEOs to become DUSMs? If so I will start applying to these jobs once again. Every time I apply, I get eligible, but not referred so I know those jobs are pretty competitive.
      What is Perseverance?
      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


      BOP - BPA - ICE

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DeltaFox2 View Post
        I will have the opportunity to select these positions in the coming months. I know what each job entails. Just want some insight and pros and cons of each job. I am currently a BPA. My wife and I have decided to move away from the border back to a real city. Any info will be appreciated.
        I was a NMC a few years back. Id be glad to talk offline if you PM me...

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for the repply. I'm leaning towards the DEO job even if I take a paycut from the BP.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by wildstar82 View Post
            I was a NMC a few years back. Id be glad to talk offline if you PM me...
            PM sent.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
              So is there still a process in place for DEOs to become DUSMs? If so I will start applying to these jobs once again. Every time I apply, I get eligible, but not referred so I know those jobs are pretty competitive.
              They never stopped having that process. They open it up almost once a year.

              Comment


              • #8
                I agree with everything jb5722 said there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jb5722
                  A gentleman I work with was once a DEO, he told me flat out its the worst job in federal LE. he said you will basically be a glorified jail guard. I would say your current position as a BPA is something a DEO would aspire to, not the other way around. NMC is similar to work as a FAM, away from home for long periods of time, waiting for something that may never occur to happen, knowing that if it does, your actions will determine whether thousands of people live or die. if your interested in this type of work, FAM's should be putting out another announcement soon, they wlil pay match your base salary and you will have the opportunity to apply to many locations away from the SWB, plus your salary will go much higher, much faster.
                  A glorified jail guard who can become a DUSM. Besides, I'm already a CO.
                  What is Perseverance?
                  -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                  -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                  -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


                  BOP - BPA - ICE

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jb5722
                    I may be wrong, but I don't think DEO offers a direct route into DUSM, you would have to apply just like anyone else, granted you may be able to apply for a status announcement, but you would have the same opportunity working for someone else.
                    Unofficially, yes it does! And again if you were a DEO you would not compete with the general public or other status candidates for deputy positions, but only with other USMS staff. And whether the job is worth it or not depends on what your ultimate goal is....... or maybe one could just get in line and hope for another FCIP.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I got an interview last week for DEO, I hope I get another "Your Hired" call back.

                      Comment

                      MR300x250 Tablet

                      Collapse

                      What's Going On

                      Collapse

                      There are currently 7626 users online. 348 members and 7278 guests.

                      Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                      Welcome Ad

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X