300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ----Secret Service Uniform Division Hiring Question----

Howdy. Im currently an Officer with SCMPD in Savannah Ga. I passed my POST exam and am in the middle of finishing my security paperwork for SSUD.
    My main question is what is the physical test like to get hired? Pushup/situp/run reqs? I cant seem to find it. Also, any idea what the physical req's are to pass the academy? Ive read alot through the forum and thanks to all for the helpfull information. Be safe.

No PAT required for USSS.

Comment

Originally posted by PrsnrTransport View Post
      No PAT required for USSS.
      That's a lie. There isn't a PAT to get hired, but you have to pass one on your first day. If you don't pass then you are forced to resign. Their structure is similar to that of DEA's, in that you need X amount of points total from all the categories combined. If you do poorly on sit-ups, you can make up for it on the run, chin-ups, or push-ups.

On the first day they expect you to score a 4 or better. On the last day I think it's a 12. Unfortunately I don't have the scoring sheet so those numbers don't mean anything to you. However, be prepared to do around 40 push ups, 40 sit ups, a mile and a half in 12 minutes, and 4 chin ups on your first day. If I remember correctly that should be sufficient for 4 points.

Hopefully someone has more accurate information then that, but as far as I know that is how the system is run with the USSS UD

There is a USSS UD thread on this website. I suggest looking their for your answer.

Comment

4 points=excellent, 3 points=good, 2 points=fair, 1 point=poor. 10 points to pass with no 0's from JJRTC....7 points post FLETC

Push ups Age 20-29 / Age 30-39
        4=55 / 4=50
        3=50-54 / 3=41-49
        2=46-49 / 2=36-40
        1=38-45 / 1=30-35
        0=<38 / 0=<30

Sit Ups
        4=48 / 4=43
        3=42-46 / 3=39-42
        2=38-41 / 2=35-38
        1=23-37 / 1=30-34

Chin Ups
        4=11 / 4=10
        3=9-10 / 3=8-9
        2=7-8 / 2=6-7
        1=5-6 / 1=3-5

1.5 Mile Run
        4=10:16 / 4=10:47
        3=10:17-11:41 /3= 10:48-12:20
        2=11:42-12:51 / 2=12:21-13:36
        1=12:52-14:13 /1=13:37-14:52

Come join the thread where there is TONS of info. I'm sure you will have more questions later in the process, and all of your answers are here -----------------> http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ght=pat+points

Comment

Wow. My motivation just tanked. Cant make that, not even with a year to get prepared. Im screwed. Thanks tho guys. My 1.5 mile was 22minutes when I got hired with my PD, then by the time I graduated I was at 16minutes and they took it. But I have never been able to get lower than 16 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanInGeorgia View Post
            Wow. My motivation just tanked. Cant make that, not even with a year to get prepared. Im screwed. Thanks tho guys. My 1.5 mile was 22minutes when I got hired with my PD, then by the time I graduated I was at 16minutes and they took it. But I have never been able to get lower than 16 minutes.
            16 minute mile and a half is practically a fast walk. No offense, but how are you going to make a good officer in any agency if you can't even jog? There's tons of running programs out there that can help you get your run times down, and they definitely don't take a year to work. A month of solid running should get you around 9min/mile.

Comment

You don't want it bad enough. Hell, I HATE running, but I have to do what I have to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Yea_Buddy View Post
                You don't want it bad enough. Hell, I HATE running, but I have to do what I have to do.
                + 1...You would be surprised at how minimal an effort it would take to make those running standards. Unless you have some sort of injury or other condition, I would be willing to bet you can get to at least 12:00 (thats an 8:00 min pace) in a month if you really wanted to. You just have to want it...

Comment

Actually, 16 minutes is considered grade "poor" or "1" for females. So, if anything, he's in league with the minimum requirements for a girl. That should be reason enough to try to step it up a notch.

Edit: Minimum for females age 20-39.
                  They see me rollin', they hatin',

And haters gonna hate,

So I whip my herr back and forth.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11209 users online. 438 members and 10771 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X