300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "which degree" question...

I apologize for asking the usual “which major” question which has been ask many many times on this forum, but I would really appreciate it if I get feedback from you guys since this will affect the outcome of my future. I have been thinking about a political science major which interests me, but not as much as a languages and culture degree which is offered at my university. My career choice would be FBI, Secret Service or CIA.

So far, I speak, Spanish, Italian, basic Portuguese and basic Arabic as well as writing Arabic. If I take the language major, I will have many opportunities to improve my language skills through the university and also through a nearby university which definitely gets me excited and I know I will do well in. If I do major in languages and culture, I will most likely minor in political science. I know it’s obvious that I prefer the languages in culture major, but would this help me more than a major in political science? Again, I apologize for asking the usual which major question but I would love to hear some feedback. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

My personal experience. You are better off with the languages. Political science is pretty ho-hum as far as degrees go and wont get you any preference in any of those agencies. If anything, the languages will make you a stand out.

Comment

Go with a language, and get fluent. Spanish is good, but rather common. If you can master Arabic, I'm sure the FBI would be intersted.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8120 users online. 294 members and 7826 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X