300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I go?

My question is what FLEO positions you guys think I can get. I tried with the fams and didn't get past the panel. Seeing that this was my first ever application for a LEO position I'm going to chalk it up to that.

I will be turning 35 in March.
    I have a Bachelors Degree in management.
    Currently, I manage large groups of people on multi-million dollar construction projects.
    Now I know that none of this sounds like perfect qalifications for a LEO position, but if anyone is in the construction field you know that you have to "police" the workers constantly, make quick decisive decisions, etc.
    I have noticed some agencies do not require LEO experience, but I'm sure it helps. So again I am asking to see what you guys/gals think about me becoming a FLEO in any capacity.

Let me have it, Thanks.

You can't get anywhere without applying, so apply to any federal job that interests you that you meet the minimum qualifications for. The federal agent (1811) positions tend to be pretty competitive and sometimes have lengthy application processes, so if you're willing to try other fed LE positions outside the 1811 series, some 0083 positions (ex: US Secret Service Uniform Division, US Capital Police, US Pentagon Police, US Park Police, etc.) you may have a quicker turnaround on getting hired before being age 37. Also, if you're really getting close to the 37 age limit, I've heard US Bureau of Prisons has the quickest hiring process (usually a few months), and all their employees (not just corrections officers) have law enforcement retirement which "stops the clock" for the age limit with any other federal LE position.
    sigpic

Comment

I would apply to the vacancies at BOP and get my foot in the door at one of the locations in need. You're getting close to the age cut-off, and this is a slow process that doesn't necessarily make sense all the time.

Once you're in, lateral on out to another position, like FAMS, if you decide you're still interested in a different agency... At least then the pressure if off.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12725 users online. 476 members and 12249 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X