300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Marshals after FCIP

I am starting this thread for people who wish to talk to people who plan on applying after FCIP comes to an end. Any info people have about the new application process will be greatly valued for all of us who plan on reapplying if we are not selected. I ask that we not turn this thread into a them vs us sort of thing.

I been in the process since Aug 2009 and will reapply if need be. Hopefully we are considered first and dont have to complete the entire process like a brand new applicant. Good luck all!

Comment

My son applied in '09, interviewed '1/10 but did'nt make it past the interview stage. He graduated college in '5/10 with two degrees, criminal justice and sociology, 3.963 gpa and student interned (unpaid) with the Marshal's while in college. He now is in local law enforcement and will probably go back to school to get an MBA ( hopefully on the departments dime ).

My question is would he still be eligible to apply under the new "pathways" program in 2 to 4 years from now, after graduating grad school with an MBA, would he have 2 years from graduating grad school in which to apply or is the "pathways" program set up for new undergrad graduates.

I know it is all contingent on whether the new programs are actually put into place and this may be a question that cannot be answered at this time.

Good luck to everyone still in the process

Comment

Originally posted by USF_Mike View Post
        I been in the process since Aug 2009 and will reapply if need be. Hopefully we are considered first and dont have to complete the entire process like a brand new applicant. Good luck all!
        I will also reapply if needed and I sure hope your right, but time will tell.
        Region 3 Info(Birmingham)-8/17/09
        Region 5 Info(Little Rock)-10/20/09
        Region 3 Interview(Atlanta)-10/27/09
        Region 3 T.O.-1/19/10
        EQIP Submittted-1/28/10
        Medical 1+2-2/5/10
        B.I. Interview-3/1/10
        Drug Test-6/16/10
        Fit Test-(1st)3/22/10,(2nd)8/30/10,(3rd)2/28/2011
        FLETC-4/7/2011

Comment

Originally posted by lawdogsdad View Post
          My son applied in '09, interviewed '1/10 but did'nt make it past the interview stage. He graduated college in '5/10 with two degrees, criminal justice and sociology, 3.963 gpa and student interned (unpaid) with the Marshal's while in college. He now is in local law enforcement and will probably go back to school to get an MBA ( hopefully on the departments dime ).

My question is would he still be eligible to apply under the new "pathways" program in 2 to 4 years from now, after graduating grad school with an MBA, would he have 2 years from graduating grad school in which to apply or is the "pathways" program set up for new undergrad graduates.

I know it is all contingent on whether the new programs are actually put into place and this may be a question that cannot be answered at this time.

Good luck to everyone still in the process
          I wouldn't see why not. The only reason he didn't move on is because of the interview itself? An MBA and LE experience and he will be good. Maybe he just had a bad day that day. He may even be eligible to apply with this new one. Not sure what would hold him back.

Comment

Thanks Manstown

I think more education and some real world experience would be good for him.

He really loved student interning with the Marshal's, they involved him in alot of their daily activities from setting in court to going out on arrest, he worked with some really good deputies that really showed an interest in him and their internship program. One deputy (retired now) taught a search and rescue program and he was invited to get involved with them. All this really got him hooked in the FLE / LE field.

It's tough out in the job market right now and the competition is at an all time high. Hopefully the economy will start a turn for the better which in turn will take some people back into the private sector.

Appreciate all that you do, stay safe

Comment

Well as it stands now still waiting to hear something, I'm planning on reapplying. I've wanted to be a Deputy U.S. Marshal since I was a single digit kid. Seems so many of us are so close and just waiting for a phone call. Its been crazy. That's for sure, but atleast we know what may be asked of us on the next go around.
              So count me in guys/girls!

Darc
              "The merit of an action lies in finishing it to the end." Genghis Khan

Comment

I just got the ACRO, Master the Treasury Enforcement Agent Exam 11th edition book in the mail yesterday. Does anyone know of anything else out there to get ready for this possible USMS test in 2011?
                Region 3 T.O.-1/19/10
                EQIP Submittted-1/28/10
                Medical 1+2-2/5/10
                B.I. Interview-3/1/10
                Drug Test-6/16/10
                FLETC-4/7/2011

Comment

Originally posted by Bring It View Post
                  I just got the ACRO, Master the Treasury Enforcement Agent Exam 11th edition book in the mail yesterday. Does anyone know of anything else out there to get ready for this possible USMS test in 2011?
                  Who knows if that is even the test that they plan on using? lol

Comment

lol?? I have not idea what test they are going to use. In my experience with state and city police tests, they are often very much alike. I have no experience taking a federal police exam. That is why I was asking and looking for info. I am sure there are several people on this forum that might have taken the recent border patrol, ICE exam or any other fed exam that might have used this book. Positive or Negative feedback would help reference the purchased book or maybe another study option.
                    Region 3 T.O.-1/19/10
                    EQIP Submittted-1/28/10
                    Medical 1+2-2/5/10
                    B.I. Interview-3/1/10
                    Drug Test-6/16/10
                    FLETC-4/7/2011

Comment

It is the best book out there. All the federal exams I took the TEA study guide did the best job prepping. Best of luck.

Comment

Thanks for the response Chadliey.
                        Region 3 T.O.-1/19/10
                        EQIP Submittted-1/28/10
                        Medical 1+2-2/5/10
                        B.I. Interview-3/1/10
                        Drug Test-6/16/10
                        FLETC-4/7/2011

Comment

Sweet, a new thread! Is this where I go to argue about College students vs Vets? (Just kidding, please do not start any that discussion on this thread or else I will be forced to throw my laptop into my fireplace.)

It is refreshing to see that we have moved from the denial and anger phases resulting from FCIP and are looking to the next challenge. It is my opinion that these are the applicants who will earn their stars in the long run, the applicants who didn't stop to search for blame or scream about injustices but instead looked to overcome the next obstacle.

Kudos to you for taking the proactive step of picking up the TEA study program. I have followed your example and ordered the same. Even if our test isn't based on the TEA, I would rather spend my energy studying material that may not be used than playing the blame game or the guessing game about our future.

I know that it is too early to know, but lets make sure to post any intel we may be able to gather regarding our tests on this thread. Most importantly, lets make this thread useful for those of us who wish to stay in this fight and have no interest in throwing in our towels on this process.
                          "Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." -Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

What's the new process? I started the FCIP process in March of 2009, and just took a drug test on Jan 12th. I was told it was the last thing on my check list, so they must still plan on hiring people under FCIP.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyglenmore View Post
                              What's the new process? I started the FCIP process in March of 2009, and just took a drug test on Jan 12th. I was told it was the last thing on my check list, so they must still plan on hiring people under FCIP.
                              Agreed.

My buddy's background check is still not complete. His background investigator is still conductiing interviews with people... so I think it is safe to say we are safe.
                              CBPO
                              Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                              TO: 2/2011
                              Medical: 3/22/2011
                              PT Test: 3/22/2011
                              VBT: 3/2011
                              Background: 3/2011
                              Drug Test: 4/2011
                              Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                              PT Test 2: TBD
                              FLETC: Good Question lol
                              CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                              Info Session 9/2009
                              Interview 3/2010
                              COE 5/2010
                              Medical 5/2010
                              Fit/Background 7/2010
                              All clear as of 11/2010
                              FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13584 users online. 496 members and 13088 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X