300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
    There's not a lot of really scary espionage out there that does not involve the Military in some way.
    I'll argue you're just saying that to keep your job.....

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
    (Who do you think protects the secret recipe for Coke?)
    I actually know that answer to that question based on watching the Coke MSNBC special a while back.....

Comment

Wow! All of that really interests me. IRS investigator I hear? My father's ex girlfriend is high up somewhere with IRS.. though I don't think she is a sworn special agent, but she does investigate white collar stuff. She said years ago even though she wasn't a sworn agent and didn't carry a gun, she actually had to go to tax evaders' homes and such alone, but she said they phased all that out now. Not sure if that's the case where you work too.

I really am thinking about a career in federal law enforcement some day. My uncle is retired from ICE and he keeps convincing me to go for that but I'm just not sure if that's a job I'd want to do. With ICE, what exactly do their special agents investigates being investigate? And what exactly is a 'customs' violation?

And sheesh, you guys have nothing good to say about the FBI (neither does my uncle) I wish an FBI agent from this site would come in here so I could see a second opinion on all of this stuff

Comment

Originally posted by dmitchell View Post
        Wow! All of that really interests me. IRS investigator I hear? My father's ex girlfriend is high up somewhere with IRS.. though I don't think she is a sworn special agent, but she does investigate white collar stuff. She said years ago even though she wasn't a sworn agent and didn't carry a gun, she actually had to go to tax evaders' homes and such alone, but she said they phased all that out now. Not sure if that's the case where you work too.

I really am thinking about a career in federal law enforcement some day. My uncle is retired from ICE and he keeps convincing me to go for that but I'm just not sure if that's a job I'd want to do. With ICE, what exactly do their special agents investigates being investigate? And what exactly is a 'customs' violation?

And sheesh, you guys have nothing good to say about the FBI (neither does my uncle) I wish an FBI agent from this site would come in here so I could see a second opinion on all of this stuff
        I think FBI PR is the best in the federal government, actually there agents are good dedicated individuals.

The truth of the matter is the media can't tell the difference between agencies, so allot gets contributed to the FBI, at the chagrin of other agencies.

HSI (ICE) investigates things with key word smuggling; humans, money, drugs, gun, etc. If its contraband, and it crosses the national borders into the US, it’s their baby.
        Last edited by Scout0315; 01-02-2011, 11:19 PM.
        "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

To be BIA you must have a certain percentage of native American blood. I wasn't aware of FWS's authority, but I suppose it makes sense. Do their 1811s need to have native blood to actually enforce laws on their lands?
          As stated by others, there's no native blood requirement to work for BIA (or FWS or anyone else) in indian country.

While the FBI may have an overarching authority over federal crimes, in general, there are a lot of things they don't do, simply because they don't have the mapower or the experience/expertise to work. Case in point: other than participating in an investigation with the principle agency involved (usually because of other crimes), I can't recall the last time I saw or heard of the FBI working a natural resource case. They technically have the "authority" to do so and have had it since they were one of the few federal law enforcement agencies in existence, but it doesn't make sense for them to do it, nowadays, nor is there a need for their involvement.
          "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

Originally posted by Scout0315 View Post
            HSI (ICE) investigates things with key word smuggling; humans, money, drugs, gun, etc. If its contraband, and it crosses the national borders into the US, it’s their baby.
            You can stop at if it crosses to border HSI can investigate it. IRS, if it has to do with money and taxes they can get it also. 90% of the investigations can be grabbed by these two organizations. However, the government feels the need to have more than these two organizations and I think it is not a bad idea. There is much overlap in the federal government LE agencies, some can be good other not so much.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

.mil.... How do they have authority over civilans that have no nexus to the military...?
              Save for corporate espionage (typically involving civil rather than criminal remedies), what other forms of prosecutable espionage exist that do not touch the military industrial complex and thus create a military nexus?
              Last edited by rm6088; 01-05-2011, 12:32 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11463 users online. 397 members and 11066 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X