300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLM S/A job

I see that these wonderful folks have an opening...tried to apply and got an error message? Anybody out there get this?

I'm not really sure what BLM S/A is. I think your Bureau of Land Management, but what is S/A? Double check your application to make sure you didn't forget anything, or your uploaded documents were in an acceptable format.

Comment

S/A = Special Agent/Criminal Investigator/1811

Your correct BLM= Bureau of Land Management

Comment

Originally posted by BillyJonze View Post
        I see that these wonderful folks have an opening...tried to apply and got an error message? Anybody out there get this?
        Lots of people complaining that there's a glitch, so hopefully they'll fix it soon. Hope you're a BLM Ranger or a current 1811. But good luck anyhow.

Comment

Fox,
          Are you inferring that they'll only hire current Rangers or 1811's? Is this based on knowledge? I'm just curious because I'm neither, however I am interested in applying.

Comment

Originally posted by tnm78 View Post
            Fox,
            Are you inferring that they'll only hire current Rangers or 1811's? Is this based on knowledge? I'm just curious because I'm neither, however I am interested in applying.
            All of these positions are only open to current or former federal employees, so that's the first hurdle. In order to meet the other basic position quals, you generally will need to be an experienced federal natural resources officer or current 1811(not necessarily land management, but generally with experience working outdoors). A few other federal officers/agents may be able to meet the quals as well. Land Management agencies often hire from within, so current Rangers will have an excellent shot. All of this is based on years as a federal officer/Ranger and inside knowledge.

However, that being said, if you can meet the basic quals, you should definitely apply, as you never know how these things will work out/or what the ASACS are looking for. Good Luck.
            Last edited by Fox402; 12-20-2010, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Awesome,
              Thanks for the head's up, appreciate it!

Comment

So I'm not the only one getting this response? I figured the "local commuting area only" statement was a condition for all applicants and I was being weeded-out.

Comment

So I'm not the only one getting this response? I figured the "local commuting area only" statement was a condition for all applicants and I was being weeded-out.
                  No you're not the only one with problems. "Local commuting area only" appears to apply to ICTAP/CTAP eligibles only.

Comment

It appears to have been resolved, my man. Splendid.

Comment

Any input on what training one would have beyond CITP? I had an amigo that was an investigator from the forest service, a honcho over there, who told me that current SAs from other shops get picked up now and again. I can see a ranger/LEO just getting CITP and going out and getting on it, but some regular joe SA? Just curious...anybody out there with some top-notch internet forum factual knowledge?

Comment

Any input on what training one would have beyond CITP? I had an amigo that was an investigator from the forest service, a honcho over there, who told me that current SAs from other shops get picked up now and again. I can see a ranger/LEO just getting CITP and going out and getting on it, but some regular joe SA? Just curious...anybody out there with some top-notch internet forum factual knowledge?
                        ARPA Training would be one of the classes/training a brand new SA to BLM would go through. Wildland fire investigations is another one. Most BLM Rangers and USFS LEO's have already attended this training. All of the BLM SA's I personally know started out as BLM Rangers, I am sure there are some who didn't spend time as a BLM Ranger but these positions are very competitive and a lot of current Rangers put in for them so competition is very tough.

Comment

Just got referred for the BLM 1811 gig in NM and OK. Anyone else?

Comment

Same here. Hopefully we'll get an interview. I get referred for everything I put in for these days, but never hear anything....

Comment

Interviews for Taos are tomorrow, 03/09/2011.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11959 users online. 461 members and 11498 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X