300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by westnvcop View Post
    Indian country is hurting pretty bad. They will give you a waiver if you have LE experience. Our agency has six officers covering areas in 9 different counties.
    That's what I keep hearing. Getting past the indian preference on the other hand is much more difficult. Not impossible, but difficult.
    He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
    shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
    - Psalm 91:1

On Ignore - A few folks.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodymove54 View Post
      Ok so when did it become legal to discriminate against someone for age. There are so many federal jobs I can't get after 37 and I found out tonight that large Police Departments have a cut off at 35. Even the Army stops at 40 but you can't get into officer candidate school if over 28. This is BS!!!!
      I was on the back end and forced to retire at 57......I feel your pain because I didn't want to retire.

Comment

This information is straight from OPM website.

http://www.opm.gov/staffingPortal/Ve...Qualifications

5 U.S.C. 3312, 5 CFR Part 339.204

Age Qualifications
        On July 2, 2008, the Merit Systems Protection Board (Board) issued a final decision in Robert P. Isabella v. Department of State and Office of Personnel Management, 2008 M.S.P.B. 146, that affects preference eligibles who apply for federal positions having a maximum entry-age restriction. The Board decided that the agency's failure to waive the maximum entry-age requirements for Mr. Isabella, a preference eligible veteran, violated his rights under the Veteran Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA) because there was no demonstration that a maximum entry-age was essential to the performance of the position.

Based on the Board's decision in Isabella, qualified preference eligibles may now apply and be considered for vacancies regardless of whether they meet the maximum age requirements identified at 5 U.S.C. 3307. In order to determine whether it must waive a maximum entry-age requirement, an agency must first analyze the affected position to determine whether age is essential to the performance of the position. If the agency decides age is not essential to the position, then it must waive the maximum entry-age requirement for veterans' preference eligible applicants. In instances where the maximum entry-age is waived, the corresponding mandatory retirement age for these individuals will also be higher because it will be reached after 20 years of Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) service for the entitlement to an immediate enhanced annuity.

The same principles set forth above would apply to appointments to other types of positions for which the setting of maximum entry ages are authorized under 5 U.S.C. § 3307. These types of positions are: (1) firefighters, (2) air traffic controllers, (3) United States Park police, (4) nuclear materials couriers, and (5) customs and border patrol officers (subject to the Federal Employees etirement System, 5 U.S.C. § 8401 et seq. only).
        GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

I was at the Prince George's P.D. graduation last night and they had a student officer who was in his 50's. Absolutely amazing.
          P.G.P.D.
          4-30-11 written
          4-30-11 physical agility
          5-24-11 initial interview
          6-5-11 ride- along
          6-13-11 polygraph
          6-13-11 psych
          6-14-11 oral board
          medical-tbd

Comment

Law Enforcment is exampt from the most laws you speak of. Most big departments in Indiana have mandatory ongoing phisical agility tests. The Indiana Sate Police started it than it went from there. Indiana gets away with it by making it a condition of employment. Every two years there is an assesment and why shouldnt there be? I dont need some fat *** that cant tie his own shoes walking around in my uniform making us all look bad lol. If you cant manage your own agility how do you expect to manage other peoples lives on a daily basis.

Comment

32 years old and just granted an OCS slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputyhcsd View Post
                Law Enforcment is exampt from the most laws you speak of. Most big departments in Indiana have mandatory ongoing phisical agility tests. The Indiana Sate Police started it than it went from there. Indiana gets away with it by making it a condition of employment. Every two years there is an assesment and why shouldnt there be? I dont need some fat *** that cant tie his own shoes walking around in my uniform making us all look bad lol. If you cant manage your own agility how do you expect to manage other peoples lives on a daily basis.
                Originally posted by Deputyhcsd View Post
                Law Enforcement is exempt from the most laws you speak of. Most big departments in Indiana have mandatory ongoing physical agility tests. The Indiana Sate Police started it than it went from there. Indiana gets away with it by making it a condition of employment. Every two years there is an assessment and why shouldn't there be? I don't need some fat *** that cant tie his own shoes walking around in my uniform making us all look bad lol. but your fat If you cant manage your own agility how do you expect to manage other peoples lives on a daily basis.

That was embarrassing.
                Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Discrimination

Well, just hang in there and keep trying.
                  Last edited by Ejohnson; 08-06-2011, 07:39 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6089 users online. 260 members and 5829 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X