300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICE Detention and Deportation Officer

Does anyone know when they will open up? Theres a rumor floating around that after the BP closes that ICE will open. Has anyone else heard this?
    There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
    Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

0311/8152/0316

3rd Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team ( FAST )
    2006-2009
    Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team Europe ( FASTEUR )
    2nd Battalion 7th Marines ( 2/7 ) Fox Raiders
    2009-2010
    Military Police
    2010-Present

Originally posted by SoCal_Marine View Post
    Does anyone know when they will open up? Theres a rumor floating around that after the BP closes that ICE will open. Has anyone else heard this?
    Always rumors and there will always be rumors...and there are several people on a list to become Deportation Officers from last year already. So to say they will put out a new announcement, who knows. However as it was already stated, it is not an open announcement either. You need experience. Either and an ICE agent or a BP agent.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
      Always rumors and there will always be rumors...and there are several people on a list to become Deportation Officers from last year already. So to say they will put out a new announcement, who knows. However as it was already stated, it is not an open announcement either. You need experience. Either and an ICE agent or a BP agent.
      You are right, experience as a Federal LEO is a must, however, not necessarily in Immigration. I am currently an IEA and I have personally seen a FAM who is now a DO. Although, for the sake of argument, I am going off his word, so who knows. Federal LEO is definite though. Its a good gig depending on your field office and your department. If you are a DO assigned to something like a FUG/OPS team, CAP, JCARTs or VCAS, its pretty decent, good hours, good OT. But from what I hear its a miserable position if you are assigned to like a non-detained or detained docket deal where you have files and files of A#'s on your desk and complaining aliens. Choose, but choose wisely child.
      Last edited by TheHulk0316; 10-19-2010, 05:03 PM. Reason: content
      "Anyone can beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." - Prefontaine

Comment

Originally posted by jb5722
        ummm i thought you had to have been through the immigration course?
        No and yes. Depends on the announcement. A few years ago, many were hired from FAMS(as already stated) and from BP. Just like a BPA can come over as an IEA without going through the ICE_D Academy.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11122 users online. 399 members and 10723 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X