300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBP Straight out of High School.

How's it going everyone? Well as you could see I'm new on this forum. Just wante to say I respect all the officers & CBP officers. Well as the title says, I wanted to know if a person like myself straight out of high school could could join CBP?

There is a dedicated thread for CBP Officers, if this is what you're enquiring about, but then again CBP covers CBP Officers and Border Patrol. Feel free to direct your questions to the appropriate thread for your answers. My personal feedback is NO, no law enforcement position should be readily available to anyone under the age of 21, and Federal Law Enforcement should not be available to those without a Degree as a requirement...
    So... go to school, live life a little, gain some experience (work & life), then and only then try to get into the field of choice.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Oh ok thanks man. Ive should of worded my thread better. I'm 22 going to 23 with only high school experience

Comment

not the brightest one in school huh?

Comment

Currently, Border Patrol and OFO (Customs) do not require a college degree. In addition, from my understanding, the minimum age is 18.

A lot of people in the Patrol do not have college degrees. However, they do have some sort of work history. Doesn't have to be law enforcement related though.

This may change soon

Comment

As I sated previously.... my personal opinion...
            Now if you only have High School education and NO work experience... then I doubt you would qualify. Most of these positions state that a minimum of 2 years work experience in a "related" field, or substitution of experience for a College Degree to qualify as GS-5 (CBPO), Border Patrol may ask for similar qualifications. I know BP has some sort of Program with the National Guard, you may want to look into that, you would have to enlist in the National Guard to go into the BP that way though.

Go to their websites and look up their minimum requirements, it's as easy as that... if you meet the reqs and pass the tests, you would be good to go. Well...for the exception of the large pool of candidates waiting to be hired by CBP, but there's a push for the Southern Border right now (200 CBPO's for the Southern Border), BP may be a different story.

Again you may want to direct your questions to the respective threads.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Minimum age for OFO is 21.
              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

No its not..18 yrs.

Comment

When we were legacy INS the age was 21 since that's the minimum age to legally purchase a firearm. As far as I know that hasn't changed. From what I have seen and experienced myself, I was able to apply for many FED LEO positions when I was under the age of 21 so long as I was 21 by the time of appointment.

Comment

We had CBPOs that started at the age of 19 as 5's at my port.

Comment

Well I'm 22 going to 23 all I have is a high school diploma. I feel like I'm wasting time to become a CBPO

Comment

Join the military, use the gi bill and get a degree bro.
                        Let's be civil

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpman247 View Post
                          The money to go to college is that the problem. I just feel like I wasted 3 years of my life just working doing Immigration papers all day because that's what I used to do. So I'm guessing just going to college & study criminal justice. Will that help me get a step closer to becoming a CBPO?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpman247 View Post
                            The money to go to college is that the problem. I just feel like I wasted 3 years of my life just working doing Immigration papers all day because that's what I used to do. So I'm guessing just going to college & study criminal justice. Will that help me get a step closer to becoming a CBPO?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Nunez View Post
                              Military will pay for you to go to school, they'll make a man out of you and you will get that job at CBP in the long run, shoot you might even become a CBP Manager.
                              Let's be civil

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7269 users online. 388 members and 6881 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X