300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Marshals FCIP 2009 Applicants

I figured, I would start a new tread seeing that our numbers are starting to dwindle. My Region (Region 4) fell off the board. Oh well just thought we should consolidate. Just updated my medical yesterday and continuing to wait just like everyone else.

Does anyone know if you need to update our backgrounds annually as well or just the medical form? Hoping for a call soon, I am starting to run out of projects to do around the house and will soon be losing my mind.

In case anyone wants to do a little bit of studying in their free time here is a link from the FLETC website. I do not have any formal law enforcement experience and I am hoping this will at least get me in the right mindset. Trust me my brain hurt after studying this for a while, I can say that I am getting a lot better at selecting the proper course of action from these practice questions. Have fun.

http://www.fletc.gov/training/progra...practice-exams

whats up shcrempy? Haven't seen you in a while. Maybe because I've been off for a while. Yeah, 6 dropped off for a long time and then someone resurfaced it. I don't know about the background re-do. I think I remember someone saying they do another one, not as extensive, before or while at FLETC, just in case someone gets that felony before class starts. I will sure take a look at those practice questions, thanks for posting that.

Glider out.

Where did you find the smilies? I thought they were gone.

Comment

Yeah the board was really driving me crazy, I had to take a breather for a couple of months. I could probably get 4 back on, but I know what I need to know, for the most part, which is hurry up and wait. I was actually just checking in so that I could find out if the class schedule was posted yet for this fiscal year. I was hoping Manstown or DUSM1811 had the inside scoop and had posted it, but seeing congress seems to be sitting on their hands like last year and like last year we are going to have to wait until probably early Dec again. Anyway just noticed that our numbers are getting smaller and it seems like everyone is blending in the forums all the same people replying.

Talked to Keyz little bit ago, he seems to be doing well just finishing up with CITP. He is getting ready to roll into BDUSMs, I think this week.

Have no idea about the smiles, you just need to "go advance" and they are there.

Comment

Found em. Yeah, I was wondering if Keyz was going to forget about us little guys. Well it's good hear that he finished CITP so soon. It seems like he just got the call. Hope it goes that quick on the other side, I want to get working again in a real job.

That test is cool. I haven't done it all yet but maybe tonight.

Comment

Sorry, Ischremp. No word yet on the FY11 classes. Talked to someone down there the other day and the magic number right now is 5 classes. That could change at any point. When the schedule gets posted on our intranet, I'm sure it'll find its way on here.

Comment

Thanks Manstown same info that I got as well and I had a buddy call and that is what he got too. I am not going to post anything until you guys confirm the dates. He was told that nothing is confirmed yet until congress passes the budget.

Glider I know right, he just disappeared, luckily we were pretty connected before he left. Yeah the practice stuff is pretty cool, you can start to see the minute differences after a while (it has definitely got my brain working differently). It was one of the last thing that Keyz sent me before he left for FLETC. Figured I would spread the wealth to the rest of the individuals just waiting. I just started doing Two-a-Days about a week ago,,, Just to change it up a little (muscle confusion). I started concentrating on wind sprints and suicides 4 times a week, still running distance 2 times a week, still hitting the weights 4 times a week, and trying to fit yoga in 2 times a week. Can you say ouch, My 35 birthday is in a couple days... Getting to old for this S)H*T. Sad part is that I have never been in such good shape.

Comment

I just turned 34 so I know what you mean. I had some young buck tell me I was old. I said lets hit the weights and go for a nice 15 mile run, then we'll see who's old. I too am in the best shape I have ever been in. So I guess if we don't get anything else we'll have that. I would love to get into a good gym to do some something like kettle bells or crossfit but theres no one by me that offers it. I have been running 3X wk, weight 2X wk, and I recently started hiking and trail running. It's a great workout when I pick up both my kids, 4 and 5, and run the trails. They call it the whoo-a, because thats what I'm shouting as I'm running. I try to do that at least twice a week. I figure if I'm hurting on Sat, it was a good week.

Don't read the other FCIP thread that was started, it's depressing.

Comment

Make sure you guys and gals follow up on your medical updates... I had to resubmit mine. If you faxed it to the 404 # especially, the rep told me that fax machine has been down for a little bit. If you faxed it to the 202 # you should be good. Either way get confirmation on your paperwork.

Comment

Two things.. I couldnt agree more.. YES do not under any circumstance read the NEW thread!

AND Im so glad to see a few of us 30somethings in the "running" for FLETC. Keep up the good work guys and gals
                  PT!!!! Who do you think you are joining? There are two groups of agents at FLETC. The ones pulling Gators down the road with instructors yelling at them are U.S. Marshals. The ones hanging out on the balcony drinking beer and laughing at the U.S. Marshals are us (and most of the other agencies).-jb74

Comment

Hay folks,
                    How bout that. I vanish for a few days and several new threads pop up! This is so much better than having to jump from thread to thread to see what's going on. Anyway, that other one is depressing. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still waiting (just as we've all been) trying not to go crazy and working out like there's no tomorrow. And yes I'm in very good shape if I must say so myself. At 33 I don't want some young buck thinking they can take me and call me old.
                    Ischremp, I'm going to check those test out in the morning. It'll give me something to do.

Take care and good luck to all

Darc
                    "The merit of an action lies in finishing it to the end." Genghis Khan

Comment

I do like the thread consolidation we've got going on here. I think who belongs to what region has been pretty well established at this point anyway.

And as one of the young ones, my workouts have been fueled by the thought of getting down there and getting schooled by the "older crowd."

Nice to know we can motivate each other even before we make it to Georgia! Hopefully this fiscal year is a great one for all of us.

Comment

It's encouraging to see that calls are starting to go out for the Nov 18th class, having recently taken my 2nd FIT test I'm hoping my phone rings soon.....it's attached to me 24-7
                        Information Session - Denver, 21 May 2009
                        Interview - Washington D.C., 1 Sep 2009
                        Conditional Offer - 13 Nov 2009
                        Background - 20 Nov 2009 / Cleared 20 Mar 2010
                        Medical - 23 Dec 2009 / Cleared 5 Jan 2010
                        Drug Test - 5 Jan 2010
                        FIT - 5 June 2010, 2 Dec 2010, 15 Jan 2011
                        FLETC -
                        March 1, 2011

Comment

I knew it wouldnt' be long before Darc was on here . So Nov. 18 huh? Does this count against the 5-8 classes expected for next year?
                          As far as the regions seperated on different threads, I think the main goal of everyone now is to get to FLETC, regardless of region.
                          That practice test is pretty cool. I did well except for the judicial part. It's a little different than with the state. I guess thats what we'll be learning about in CITP.

Comment

I don't know if the Nov class counts against the number allocated for FY11, just saw on another thread that someone got the "call" with a Nov 18 report date and assignment in Vegas. I haven't looked at the practice exam, but will definately check it out this weekend.

On a side note, my phone rings today and it was a restricted number....got all excited only to find out it was my buddy in D.C. (USSS SA) calling to see if I heard anything yet. I told him never to call me from work!! LOL
                            Information Session - Denver, 21 May 2009
                            Interview - Washington D.C., 1 Sep 2009
                            Conditional Offer - 13 Nov 2009
                            Background - 20 Nov 2009 / Cleared 20 Mar 2010
                            Medical - 23 Dec 2009 / Cleared 5 Jan 2010
                            Drug Test - 5 Jan 2010
                            FIT - 5 June 2010, 2 Dec 2010, 15 Jan 2011
                            FLETC -
                            March 1, 2011

Comment

Makes me glad I don't know anyone in DC. LOL

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5899 users online. 338 members and 5561 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X