300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Marshals DEO

I have read the older forums already and wonder if there are any updates to this position. I read there was talk of possibly changing them to 1801 from 1802 etc. I know its mostly a corrections type position, but is this a step backwards for someone like me with 10yrs of civilian Police exp? Looking for some info on where this position can lead etc..thanks

There's a vacancy on USAJOBS.gov right now.

Comment

Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
      is this a step backwards for someone like me with 10yrs of civilian Police exp? Looking for some info on where this position can lead etc..thanks
      Depends on what you want to get out of it. From what you are doing now, I'd say yes it's probably a step backwards. However, if you are near 37yoa and want to seriously pursue another "covered" Fed LEO position (maybe a S/A gig), it might be something to consider. We've talked back & forth on here in some other threads, if you want some general / honest insight into FED vs. Local PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gringe View Post
        There's a vacancy on USAJOBS.gov right now.
        yep thats why Im asking.

Comment

Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
          I have read the older forums already and wonder if there are any updates to this position. I read there was talk of possibly changing them to 1801 from 1802 etc. I know its mostly a corrections type position, but is this a step backwards for someone like me with 10yrs of civilian Police exp? Looking for some info on where this position can lead etc..thanks
          If you don't mind corrections, apply for the BOP. You are much more likely to be hired by us than as a DEO. We are sworn federal law enforcement officers, and there is a lot of opportunity for training and advancement. If your overall goal is to become a DUSM, be aware the DEOs must go through the public hiring process along with everyone else.

From what I have seen, it is very difficult to be hired on as a DEO, and there is a lot of competition for the jobs, and there are very few of those jobs.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Actually that's not all true. You don't have to go through the public announcement. USMS does have internal announcements open to USMS personnel only, including DEO's. They actually just opened one up today for the DUSM position.

Comment

Originally posted by manstown View Post
              Actually that's not all true. You don't have to go through the public announcement. USMS does have internal announcements open to USMS personnel only, including DEO's. They actually just opened one up today for the DUSM position.
              OK but how is the DEO job realistically, is there opportunity out there or is it dead end unless you know the right people?

Comment

Correct, as do most Fed LE agencies. In addition, once you are career permanent, you can apply as a "status" candidate - posting not open to the public, some have various restrictions like open to agency employee's only, others may be open to prior 1801's, 1811's ect, and some are open to any FED w/status.

Comment

Why don't the open it up to all status DOJ employees That would help me a lot.
                  What is Perseverance?
                  -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                  -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                  -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Sure there is opportunity, but just like any other job, your work will eventually speak for itself during promotion time.....
                    But it doesn't hurt 2 have friends.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9611 users online. 362 members and 9249 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X