Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Investigations

Hello -

General question about LE background checks. I am applying for a Police Dept job and they want my employment history for the last 10 years. I have a FT job I have been at for 4 years, and two part time jobs I have been at about as long. I had a couple PT jobs in college that were long term. I have listed all those but also had a couple really short PT jobs such as at a restaurant and on campus. I don't even remember the people I worked with and doubt they are even still there. If I have a W2 from those really short jobs will they look into them and consider it as me leaving something out? Or will they pretty much just look into the ones that are in my application if I have all my years of employment history covered? Thanks for the info!
    It is far better to remain silent and appear foolish, than to speak and remove all doubt.

- Abraham Lincoln

best thing to do would be to list everything you remember. If it comes up in the background interview you can explain then. You don't want to leave something out and then say "oh i didn't think that mattered." Just list everything JIC, better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

It's OK to leave a job or two in a short time period. You never said you had been fired from a job, so that's a good thing. I would list as many as you can in the resume length restrictions they have, and be prepared to produce info after that if they ask.. Applying for LE? Just be honest. That is the best.. And as Fish said, never say it doesn't matter cuz in LE it ALL matters.

Comment

I had another BI related question. I'm currently active duty with an active security clearance. I'm seperating here very soon and have already been applying for multiple positions with federal and local agencies. In regards to the BI, does having an active security clearance issued by the DoD help at all in speeding up the process? Or is it a completely seperate entity that has no bearing on the BI a Law Enforcement agency conducts?

Comment

For federal agencies your active DoD clearance should speed up the process as a 2008 executive order from POTUS directed, with narrow exceptions, that "background investigations and adjudications shall be mutually and reciprocally accepted by all agencies." Your DoD clearance will have no effect on local agencies outside the federal government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8046 users online. 366 members and 7680 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X