Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police wings

Hi,

I am enquiring about information on Pilots in the Police force. I'm an experienced Commercial Pilot and Flight Instructor and love flying. I have always had an interest in the Police and wanted to join years ago when deciding what career path to take.
    Im am looking at moving on in my career and wanting to find out Information about Officers with Pilot licences. Is there much demand and what steps would I need to take?
    I understand that a few years in the field would be required for a start.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thank you

There is a federal aviation branch called the Office of Air and Marine. They are located under DHS/CBP They hire agents right into pilot positions and are sworn federal agents with arrest authority.

They have a lot of duties, but a major one is assisting Border Patrol Agents track down groups of illegal aliens and drug smugglers. They also operate on the coasts where they track incoming boats/aircraft.

Comment

Most federal natural resource agencies employ pilots, but the hour requirements are pretty high. There also needs to be an opening, and they can be few and far between.

You'll probably have a better chance of finding such an opening in AK, where the terrain necessitates a lot more aircraft use.
      "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11918 users online. 443 members and 11475 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X