Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI Evidence Technician

Any insights?

I know that it's an evidence custodian position. But I also read that evidence technicians for the bureau also serve on the Evidence Response Team (ERT) and help with forensics and gather evidence at crime scenes.

On the job training I assume? What kind of training do members of the ERT get?

Any information at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Try this thread http://federalsoup.com/forum_posts.a...team-unit-ertu
    FBI SA
    Feb. 2010 - Online Application
    Feb. 2010 - Phase I
    Apr. 2010 - Language Test
    Apr. 2010 - Phase II
    May 2010 - PSI, Med, Poly, PFT, BI
    Sep 2010 - Got "the call"

Comment

Thank you, sir!

Congratulations on the call, by the way!

Comment

The FBI's Evidence Response Team does do evidence collection, but NOT forensics (forensics is the scientific testing of evidence in a lab). ERT members are non-sworn (so that means no gun/badge/arrest authority), and collect evidence from a scene under FBI investigation. They also contribute nationally to large responses, such as 9/11 site and other major domestic incidents. Because they fall under the Bureau, they have a lot of good equipment, and I believe they receive initial training at Quantico (not agent training, but many non-agent personnel train their initially like their intel analysts).

Good job from what I've seen for someone who's interested in crime scene work but doesn't want to be a sworn agent/officer.
        sigpic

Comment

Gotcha. Ah, I wasn't sure if they received any training at Quantico or not. Good to know. Thank you, kindly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post
            The FBI's Evidence Response Team does do evidence collection, but NOT forensics (forensics is the scientific testing of evidence in a lab). ERT members are non-sworn (so that means no gun/badge/arrest authority), and collect evidence from a scene under FBI investigation. They also contribute nationally to large responses, such as 9/11 site and other major domestic incidents. Because they fall under the Bureau, they have a lot of good equipment, and I believe they receive initial training at Quantico (not agent training, but many non-agent personnel train their initially like their intel analysts).

Good job from what I've seen for someone who's interested in crime scene work but doesn't want to be a sworn agent/officer.
            FBI ERT's are composed of Agents (sworn) and non-Agents. Each of the 56 FBI field offices has an ERT with team size varying depending on the office size. Some of the ERTs have 1 person (typically an Agent) who is on the team fulltime and serves as the Senior Team Leader. All others only go to the team when an event requires their deployment. The rest if the time they are performing their normal jobs within the FBI.

Comment

Originally posted by ERTMiguel View Post
              FBI ERT's are composed of Agents (sworn) and non-Agents. Each of the 56 FBI field offices has an ERT with team size varying depending on the office size. Some of the ERTs have 1 person (typically an Agent) who is on the team fulltime and serves as the Senior Team Leader. All others only go to the team when an event requires their deployment. The rest if the time they are performing their normal jobs within the FBI.
              I went through a local FBI citizen's academy 4-5 years ago, and the ERT members said they were all non-sworn technicians, which makes me wonder if that was the case at that FO, or if having agents on ERT along side non-sworn technicians is a recent change. Any insight, Miguel?
              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5450 users online. 213 members and 5237 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X