300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIGTA Questions....

I was considering a switch over to TIGTA, but I really don't know anything about them. Anyone with first-hand information and/or employment experience with this agency, please enlighten.....

TIGTA is the internal affairs department of the IRS, responsible for investigating fraud waste and abuse within the IRS and its programs. Can you say lost equipment investigation, or improper access, or disclosure....blah blah blah

About 400 agents nationwide, all grades. They work in 4-6 agent groups supervised by an ASAC. For example the Seattle office investigates cases in Washington, Oregon, Alaska, and Idaho with only 6 agents. Can you say, travel away from home.
    "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

Originally posted by Scout0315 View Post
      Can you say, travel away from home.
      Except for NYC based TIGTA agents, they get plenty of work arising from the IRS facility in Holtsviile, Long Island.
      They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

They also investigate threats made against IRS employees and fraudulent tax return preparers. From the agents I know, they love their job. But the above post is correct, the majority of their work is investigating IRC 6103 disclosure issues along with UNAX violations, and corrupt IRS employees. Hope this helps.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10980 users online. 431 members and 10549 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X