Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deactivated from FBI process, what are your thoughts/advice ???

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wan2bsa
    replied
    Originally posted by MrVirus View Post
    Well, I guess it didn't came from my AC so it's not a reliable source.

But Phase II has recently changed 4 or 5 years ago and those that passed Phase II prior to the change had to retake Phase II.

This information came from applicants on other forums, like with every forums, don't believe everything you read. ^_^
    don't believe everything you read is an understatment. however, i still wanted to get some clarification. so thanks for that. i took phase 2 in december 07, so it was within the last change you mention. as i said, my AC said i didn't have to worry about taking PI or PII again when i initially paused my app but things do change.

Leave a comment:

• MrVirus
    replied
    Well, I guess it didn't came from my AC so it's not a reliable source.

But Phase II has recently changed 4 or 5 years ago and those that passed Phase II prior to the change had to retake Phase II.

This information came from applicants on other forums, like with every forums, don't believe everything you read. ^_^

Leave a comment:

• wan2bsa
    replied
    Originally posted by MrVirus View Post
    If you are determine to be an FBI SA, then be perseverance.

I do know several people who got deactivated and got the letter of reinstatement after the waiting period.

You will need to contact your AC when your waiting period is over, they will not contact you.

If you are still qualified comparing to the pool of applicants after your waiting period then your process will continue where it left off.

Phase I score is good for a lifetime.
    Phase II is good until the interview questions/protocol changes.
    Most likely you will need to redo the polygraph and drug test ^_^

Best of luck in your endeavors!
    Who told you that Phase 2 was only good until changes occur? I passed Phase 1 & 2 2 years ago. I also took and passed the PFT and sat for a Poly. I then paused my application for personal reasons. I was told by my AC that the Phase 1 & 2 were good for life, but maybe something changed. I recently aought reactivation of my application. I know I will need to redo the poly, PFT, and medical as it was over a year, but I was hoping not to have to do phase 2 again.

Leave a comment:

• MrVirus
    replied
    If you are determine to be an FBI SA, then be perseverance.

I do know several people who got deactivated and got the letter of reinstatement after the waiting period.

You will need to contact your AC when your waiting period is over, they will not contact you.

If you are still qualified comparing to the pool of applicants after your waiting period then your process will continue where it left off.

Phase I score is good for a lifetime.
    Phase II is good until the interview questions/protocol changes.
    Most likely you will need to redo the polygraph and drug test ^_^

Best of luck in your endeavors!

Leave a comment:

• 1911user
    replied
    Originally posted by PPDSWD View Post
    They DQ'd someone for taking a Tylenol 3, wow. Seems a little harsh if the person was truthful about it and didn't lie.
    Remember, its the FBI. They think its all on the level. What the majority of em fail to realize is, at the end of the day they put their skirts and pants on...one leg at a time...just like the rest of us

Leave a comment:

• RK178
    replied
    Look at other agencies, the FBI is not the only one out there.

Remember, one man's trash is anothers treasure. Like the past poster said “Expand your horizon”. Keep your head up.
    Last edited by RK178; 09-07-2010, 03:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ManMr
    replied
    It sounds like they want to let time pass by since the incident. Agents can start working cases within a year and some of them go to trial. If the defense can use your misdemeanor against you in court, it may make you look less credible and may affect the outcome of the case.

Of course this is all just assumptions to what your criminal activity was.

Leave a comment:

• CI_wannabe
    replied
    They can kick you out of the process for whatever reason they choose.

If all things are equal (which they never are) and they need to pick between you and somebody else who has no offense they will pick that other person. If they feel that you will NEVER be able to compete (which is likely based on your deactivation) then they will toss you out of the program (which is what happend) It is likely that you will never become an FBI agent. Move on and apply elsewhere.

I don't say this to be mean or a knock on your skills, but their are FAR to many overally qualified applicants with chrystal clear backgrounds for them to bend over backwards for somebody who did some criminal offense.

Leave a comment:

• longjumpPD
    replied
    To me it seems kind of shady why you were deactivated. Either you are not telling us the whole story and that is why or the FBI is just that picky. Or it could be both. My advice is you don't do anything criminal especially when you are going through a hiring process with any law enforcement agency. So I would say look elsewhere becuase they will probably not hire you anymore. Like others have said there are plenty of candidates out there that have clean records and are outstanding citizens. So I would say move on and look elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• izamsilas
    replied
    Originally posted by DSSWannabe View Post
    To sum up - you have a crystal ball question and no one will be able to answer it. Your argument will be that you are looking for someone with a similar experience, but it won't help you; primarily because each situation is different, and at different times, different circumstances taken into consideration.
    Bingo!

And not to diss my brothers and sisters in the Bu at all...but there are PLENTY of other shops to work in, outside of that bureaucratic mess. Expand your horizons.

Leave a comment:

• DSSWannabe
    replied
    Originally posted by luvmygirls80 View Post
    I was told by my AC that DC wanted me to wait 1 year. What was said above doesn't really add up to me because my passing Phase I will still be good, my passing Phase II will still be good (because they are both good for life, unless I've missed an exception) and my polygraph results will still be good (from what I understand they are good for 2 years). The only thing left to go through would be another PFT and background check.
    The only thing that is good for live is your Phase I, everything else has to be appended/repeated. Don't quote me on this, but I believe Phase II is good for 18 months. Poly, you'd have to re-take so is medical and everything else in between.

Back to your question - no one on here will be able to give you an answer. If FBI wants you bad enough, they will re-activate you. However, read your Phase I passing letter. See what it says? There are thousands of highly qualified candidates ready to take your spot. The Bureau has no problem recruiting quality candidates. That not to say that you are not of any quality, but your offense throws you off of the pyramid. As someone above said - apply elsewhere for now and then perhaps make a jump to the Bureau.

To sum up - you have a crystal ball question and no one will be able to answer it. Your argument will be that you are looking for someone with a similar experience, but it won't help you; primarily because each situation is different, and at different times, different circumstances taken into consideration.

Leave a comment:

• JingleHeimrJify
    replied
    I'm interested in people's experiences with being deactivated for non-disqualifying offenses (criminal, taking prescription medication that was not prescribed to you, drug activity within the time parameters but that which said person was told to request reactivation after ______ amount of time, etc.), subsequently asking to be reactivated and what happened from that point.
    I'm sort of curious as to what you are implying...it seems like you are saying that Feds don't care about taking prescription medication that isn't yours is fine. Is that what your AC told you or just your opinion? I was under the impression that any drug use could be potential disqualification.

PPDSWD I think the passage of time since last use also plays a big role in hiring determinations.

Also something that should be mentioned is that different agencies have different/more strict/less strict hiring standards. I mean all the standards are pretty high but if one won't take you another might.

Leave a comment:

• PPDSWD
    replied
    They DQ'd someone for taking a Tylenol 3, wow. Seems a little harsh if the person was truthful about it and didn't lie.

Leave a comment:

• JingleHeimrJify
    replied
    I talked with an applicant a long time ago who shared a similar experience - they were deactivated for taking a tylenol 3 that was not prescribed to them and their AC told them they had to wait for 3 years, but I lost touch with that person.

Can anyone share their thoughts, experience or anything else if they also had to undergo something like this? Were you reactivated right when you were told to expect it, were you reactivated before your time was up but just not given a class date before your prescribed period, or were you subsequently told that you weren't going to be reactivated?

Thanks

I'm interested in people's experiences with being deactivated for non-disqualifying offenses (criminal, taking prescription medication that was not prescribed to you, drug activity within the time parameters but that which said person was told to request reactivation after ______ amount of time, etc.), subsequently asking to be reactivated and what happened from that point.

Thanks
    So you did something drug related...took a prescription drug for something not prescribed to you. Care to expand on that?

Leave a comment:

• TheKansan
    replied
    I was told by my AC that DC wanted me to wait 1 year. What was said above doesn't really add up to me because my passing Phase I will still be good, my passing Phase II will still be good (because they are both good for life, unless I've missed an exception) and my polygraph results will still be good (from what I understand they are good for 2 years). The only thing left to go through would be another PFT and background check.
    That's still sitting around for a couple of years minimum. Are you dead set on FBI? Are there any other agencies that would interest that you could apply at while waiting? I'm not trying to sway you away from FBI, just as an experienced applicant who has been eliminated at the final stages of a hiring process before, I had to ask myself the same questions. Did I really want to work in law enforcement, or did I want to work in law enforcement only for that one specific agency?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10000 users online. 377 members and 9623 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X