Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deactivated from FBI process, what are your thoughts/advice ???

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me it seems kind of shady why you were deactivated. Either you are not telling us the whole story and that is why or the FBI is just that picky. Or it could be both. My advice is you don't do anything criminal especially when you are going through a hiring process with any law enforcement agency. So I would say look elsewhere becuase they will probably not hire you anymore. Like others have said there are plenty of candidates out there that have clean records and are outstanding citizens. So I would say move on and look elsewhere.

Comment

They can kick you out of the process for whatever reason they choose.

If all things are equal (which they never are) and they need to pick between you and somebody else who has no offense they will pick that other person. If they feel that you will NEVER be able to compete (which is likely based on your deactivation) then they will toss you out of the program (which is what happend) It is likely that you will never become an FBI agent. Move on and apply elsewhere.

I don't say this to be mean or a knock on your skills, but their are FAR to many overally qualified applicants with chrystal clear backgrounds for them to bend over backwards for somebody who did some criminal offense.
      FBI SA
      Applied 4-10-2010
      Phase I 5-26-2010 PASSED
      Phase II 10-28-2010 PASSED
      Fitness 11-10-2010 PASSED 22 pts
      POLY 11-17-2010
      Med TBD
      BG TBD
      Q TBD

FAMS
      July 2010 Applied
      October 2010 COE

Comment

It sounds like they want to let time pass by since the incident. Agents can start working cases within a year and some of them go to trial. If the defense can use your misdemeanor against you in court, it may make you look less credible and may affect the outcome of the case.

Of course this is all just assumptions to what your criminal activity was.

Comment

Look at other agencies, the FBI is not the only one out there.

Remember, one man's trash is anothers treasure. Like the past poster said “Expand your horizon”. Keep your head up.
          Last edited by RK178; 09-07-2010, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PPDSWD View Post
            They DQ'd someone for taking a Tylenol 3, wow. Seems a little harsh if the person was truthful about it and didn't lie.
            Remember, its the FBI. They think its all on the level. What the majority of em fail to realize is, at the end of the day they put their skirts and pants on...one leg at a time...just like the rest of us
            Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

If you are determine to be an FBI SA, then be perseverance.

I do know several people who got deactivated and got the letter of reinstatement after the waiting period.

You will need to contact your AC when your waiting period is over, they will not contact you.

If you are still qualified comparing to the pool of applicants after your waiting period then your process will continue where it left off.

Phase I score is good for a lifetime.
              Phase II is good until the interview questions/protocol changes.
              Most likely you will need to redo the polygraph and drug test ^_^

Best of luck in your endeavors!
              FBI SA
              Feb. 2010 - Online Application
              Feb. 2010 - Phase I
              Apr. 2010 - Language Test
              Apr. 2010 - Phase II
              May 2010 - PSI, Med, Poly, PFT, BI
              Sep 2010 - Got "the call"

Comment

Originally posted by MrVirus View Post
                If you are determine to be an FBI SA, then be perseverance.

I do know several people who got deactivated and got the letter of reinstatement after the waiting period.

You will need to contact your AC when your waiting period is over, they will not contact you.

If you are still qualified comparing to the pool of applicants after your waiting period then your process will continue where it left off.

Phase I score is good for a lifetime.
                Phase II is good until the interview questions/protocol changes.
                Most likely you will need to redo the polygraph and drug test ^_^

Best of luck in your endeavors!
                Who told you that Phase 2 was only good until changes occur? I passed Phase 1 & 2 2 years ago. I also took and passed the PFT and sat for a Poly. I then paused my application for personal reasons. I was told by my AC that the Phase 1 & 2 were good for life, but maybe something changed. I recently aought reactivation of my application. I know I will need to redo the poly, PFT, and medical as it was over a year, but I was hoping not to have to do phase 2 again.

Comment

Well, I guess it didn't came from my AC so it's not a reliable source.

But Phase II has recently changed 4 or 5 years ago and those that passed Phase II prior to the change had to retake Phase II.

This information came from applicants on other forums, like with every forums, don't believe everything you read. ^_^
                  FBI SA
                  Feb. 2010 - Online Application
                  Feb. 2010 - Phase I
                  Apr. 2010 - Language Test
                  Apr. 2010 - Phase II
                  May 2010 - PSI, Med, Poly, PFT, BI
                  Sep 2010 - Got "the call"

Comment

Originally posted by MrVirus View Post
                    Well, I guess it didn't came from my AC so it's not a reliable source.

But Phase II has recently changed 4 or 5 years ago and those that passed Phase II prior to the change had to retake Phase II.

This information came from applicants on other forums, like with every forums, don't believe everything you read. ^_^
                    don't believe everything you read is an understatment. however, i still wanted to get some clarification. so thanks for that. i took phase 2 in december 07, so it was within the last change you mention. as i said, my AC said i didn't have to worry about taking PI or PII again when i initially paused my app but things do change.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7870 users online. 287 members and 7583 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X