Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deactivated from FBI process, what are your thoughts/advice ???

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deactivated from FBI process, what are your thoughts/advice ???

Hi all...I've been lurking for a while but have a question. Has anyone here been deactivated from the process for a specific reason and been told to wait a certain amount of time to get reactivated? I was just deactivated (after passing p1, pII, poly, drug test and PFT - they were just about to start my background) for a non-disqualifying criminal offense that occurred after I applied (not going into specifics here so please don't ask) and was told "not to worry about it" and that dc wanted to deactivate me and wait a year and that it was being treated just like a bankruptcy...I talked with an applicant a long time ago who shared a similar experience - they were deactivated for taking a tylenol 3 that was not prescribed to them and their AC told them they had to wait for 3 years, but I lost touch with that person.

Can anyone share their thoughts, experience or anything else if they also had to undergo something like this? Were you reactivated right when you were told to expect it, were you reactivated before your time was up but just not given a class date before your prescribed period, or were you subsequently told that you weren't going to be reactivated?

Thanks

Originally posted by luvmygirls80 View Post
    I was just deactivated (after passing p1, pII, poly, drug test and PFT - they were just about to start my background) for a non-disqualifying criminal offense that occurred after I applied (not going into specifics here so please don't ask) and was told "not to worry about it" and that dc wanted to deactivate me and wait a year and that it was being treated just like a bankruptcy...

Can anyone share their thoughts, experience or anything else if they also had to undergo something like this? Were you reactivated right when you were told to expect it, were you reactivated before your time was up but just not given a class date before your prescribed period, or were you subsequently told that you weren't going to be reactivated?
    Share (or withhold) whatever details you wish, but it makes it a little hard to provide relevant feedback when we don't even know what sort of situation caused your DQ. Do you think a question like, "I was DQ'ed, but I won't tell you why, will they eventually hire me?" would be one that makes it easy to provide relevant answer to? That's a simplified version of what you're asking here.
    sigpic

Comment

I understand your reply, but I would prefer not to say and it doesn't really matter as it's a non-disqualifying factor. So anyone's opinion as to what DC will ultimately choose is moot to me. I'm of the opinion that because it was a non-disqualifying (a misdemeanor) isolated offense and which, other than for the isolated event, does not demonstrate any negative character traits or habits that there is no other reason to NOT reactivate me. The only reason I could gather to NOT reactivate me is that there are so many other candidates without a single offense or with only one other offense much earlier in time. So I've already weighed all sides of this.

I'm interested in people's experiences with being deactivated for non-disqualifying offenses (criminal, taking prescription medication that was not prescribed to you, drug activity within the time parameters but that which said person was told to request reactivation after ______ amount of time, etc.), subsequently asking to be reactivated and what happened from that point.

Thanks

Comment

The only reason I could gather to NOT reactivate me is that there are so many other candidates without a single offense or with only one other offense much earlier in time. So I've already weighed all sides of this.

You have just answered your own question. If I were you I'd move on now.
        Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

Best case scenario, you have to wait 1-3 years before being able to reapply, and then you have to go through a hiring process that takes 1-2 more years. so now it is 2-5 years into the future and you are nowhere near closer to your goals. Plus you might now be over the age of 37 and completely ineligible to be hired.

Keeping that in mind, here is my suggestion. Apply elsewhere. No reason to sit around for years waiting for the FBI when there are many different agencies out there. If you are dead set on working for the FBI and don't want to work for any other law enforcement agency, prepare for a long wait.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
            Best case scenario, you have to wait 1-3 years before being able to reapply, and then you have to go through a hiring process that takes 1-2 more years. so now it is 2-5 years into the future and you are nowhere near closer to your goals. Plus you might now be over the age of 37 and completely ineligible to be hired.

Keeping that in mind, here is my suggestion. Apply elsewhere. No reason to sit around for years waiting for the FBI when there are many different agencies out there. If you are dead set on working for the FBI and don't want to work for any other law enforcement agency, prepare for a long wait.
            I was told by my AC that DC wanted me to wait 1 year. What was said above doesn't really add up to me because my passing Phase I will still be good, my passing Phase II will still be good (because they are both good for life, unless I've missed an exception) and my polygraph results will still be good (from what I understand they are good for 2 years). The only thing left to go through would be another PFT and background check.

Comment

I don't know their reasoning on the matter. However, any criminal offense is derogatory, regardless if it is a "disqualifying offense." They probably want to make sure that the offense is not a trend, thus the reason for the 1 year wait.

For instance, lets say you get a speeding ticket. A speeding ticket is not a huge deal, nor is it a disqualifier. However, what if in that same year you got 4 more speeding tickets and a reckless driving ticket. All of a sudden that little ticket becomes just another statistic in portraying you, as a candidate, as someone with the potential for misconduct.

Comment

Did the offense have anything to do with self importance and asking apparently rhetorical questions?

Seriously, your best and only bet is to follow their advice...if you weren't DQ'd, only told that they were going to hold off (sounds weird to me, but whatever) hiring you for a year, wait a year and get back in touch with them. In the mean time, if you want to be an 1811 (assuming that is what we are talking about), start looking into the application process for some other agencies.

What else can anyone tell you? 'Gee, I too had some vague non DQ'ng criminal activity...no, not relevant what it was, so I won't tell you what it is...but now I'm an FBI agent' Good luck with that one.

Sorry to be so sarcastic, but your question and follow responses are weird.

Comment

Originally posted by o2force View Post
                  I don't know their reasoning on the matter. However, any criminal offense is derogatory, regardless if it is a "disqualifying offense." They probably want to make sure that the offense is not a trend, thus the reason for the 1 year wait.

For instance, lets say you get a speeding ticket. A speeding ticket is not a huge deal, nor is it a disqualifier. However, what if in that same year you got 4 more speeding tickets and a reckless driving ticket. All of a sudden that little ticket becomes just another statistic in portraying you, as a candidate, as someone with the potential for misconduct.
                  DUI, my guess.

So possibly the timing of the incident is what would make recruiting pause and suggest a cooling off. If BI is the last leg left, that means adjudication.

OP - you have language skills? Upon second thought, what are you bringing to the table that would make them bend over backwards to keep you in the process? If there is something, build on that over the next year, just a suggestion.

Comment

I was told by my AC that DC wanted me to wait 1 year. What was said above doesn't really add up to me because my passing Phase I will still be good, my passing Phase II will still be good (because they are both good for life, unless I've missed an exception) and my polygraph results will still be good (from what I understand they are good for 2 years). The only thing left to go through would be another PFT and background check.
                    That's still sitting around for a couple of years minimum. Are you dead set on FBI? Are there any other agencies that would interest that you could apply at while waiting? I'm not trying to sway you away from FBI, just as an experienced applicant who has been eliminated at the final stages of a hiring process before, I had to ask myself the same questions. Did I really want to work in law enforcement, or did I want to work in law enforcement only for that one specific agency?
                    What is Perseverance?
                    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

I talked with an applicant a long time ago who shared a similar experience - they were deactivated for taking a tylenol 3 that was not prescribed to them and their AC told them they had to wait for 3 years, but I lost touch with that person.

Thanks

I'm interested in people's experiences with being deactivated for non-disqualifying offenses (criminal, taking prescription medication that was not prescribed to you, drug activity within the time parameters but that which said person was told to request reactivation after ______ amount of time, etc.), subsequently asking to be reactivated and what happened from that point.

Thanks
                      So you did something drug related...took a prescription drug for something not prescribed to you. Care to expand on that?
                      "Inside me is something that is too stupid to quit. I don't know where it comes from or why it is, but it is there and always has been."

Comment

They DQ'd someone for taking a Tylenol 3, wow. Seems a little harsh if the person was truthful about it and didn't lie.

Comment

I'm sort of curious as to what you are implying...it seems like you are saying that Feds don't care about taking prescription medication that isn't yours is fine. Is that what your AC told you or just your opinion? I was under the impression that any drug use could be potential disqualification.

PPDSWD I think the passage of time since last use also plays a big role in hiring determinations.

Also something that should be mentioned is that different agencies have different/more strict/less strict hiring standards. I mean all the standards are pretty high but if one won't take you another might.
                          "Inside me is something that is too stupid to quit. I don't know where it comes from or why it is, but it is there and always has been."

Comment

The only thing that is good for live is your Phase I, everything else has to be appended/repeated. Don't quote me on this, but I believe Phase II is good for 18 months. Poly, you'd have to re-take so is medical and everything else in between.

Back to your question - no one on here will be able to give you an answer. If FBI wants you bad enough, they will re-activate you. However, read your Phase I passing letter. See what it says? There are thousands of highly qualified candidates ready to take your spot. The Bureau has no problem recruiting quality candidates. That not to say that you are not of any quality, but your offense throws you off of the pyramid. As someone above said - apply elsewhere for now and then perhaps make a jump to the Bureau.

To sum up - you have a crystal ball question and no one will be able to answer it. Your argument will be that you are looking for someone with a similar experience, but it won't help you; primarily because each situation is different, and at different times, different circumstances taken into consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by DSSWannabe View Post
                              To sum up - you have a crystal ball question and no one will be able to answer it. Your argument will be that you are looking for someone with a similar experience, but it won't help you; primarily because each situation is different, and at different times, different circumstances taken into consideration.
                              Bingo!

And not to diss my brothers and sisters in the Bu at all...but there are PLENTY of other shops to work in, outside of that bureaucratic mess. Expand your horizons.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11643 users online. 419 members and 11224 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X