300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treadmill Stress Test question

So at my medical the other day we do a bunch of test one being the treadmill stress test. I run the streets never on treadmills and figured would be simple. It was set for stress level 8 and the test began. First 3 stages were walking with the third being a good brisk fast paced walk uphill. The 4th was almost a full run. Stage 5 is where I had my issue. The incline was rather hefty and the pace was probably set as my sprint speed. I could only take so much of stage 5 and had them shut it down. Way to fast. From what i have read that the point to this test is to monitor heart rate. Heart rate was fine i was told. It was very constant and changed between only a few beats per minute on level 4 and the brief time on level 5. They wanted me to go the full 10 minutes but if needed to stop then tell them. Which i did. Because speed was to much for me, i almost went off the treadmill lol.

Will stopping the test fail me?
    Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun

dont think anyone cares, and if it's an issue you just need to go to your dr and get it signed off.

Comment

thats what i was thinkin. Just was lookin for some reassurance. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by calicopper View Post
        So at my medical the other day we do a bunch of test one being the treadmill stress test. I run the streets never on treadmills and figured would be simple. It was set for stress level 8 and the test began. First 3 stages were walking with the third being a good brisk fast paced walk uphill. The 4th was almost a full run. Stage 5 is where I had my issue. The incline was rather hefty and the pace was probably set as my sprint speed. I could only take so much of stage 5 and had them shut it down. Way to fast. From what i have read that the point to this test is to monitor heart rate. Heart rate was fine i was told. It was very constant and changed between only a few beats per minute on level 4 and the brief time on level 5. They wanted me to go the full 10 minutes but if needed to stop then tell them. Which i did. Because speed was to much for me, i almost went off the treadmill lol.

Will stopping the test fail me?
        If you can figure out what they say, pages I-6 & I-7 explain the treatmill test. http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/Cardio.pdf
        (I have no idea what they mean.)
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I also went abit over 8 min on my treadmill test and all my vitals were really good said the guy givin the test... i just didnt go for 10 min.

L-1 I opened up that link and tried reading it... ya no idea what they are saying. Might as well been in Chinese lol. But thanks

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12174 users online. 527 members and 11647 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X