Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE 1811 GS-12 Lateral Transfers announcements?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CBPO I View Post
    I think based off of the wording of the announcement that even non-citp 1811's such as FBI and DEA agents would be able to apply. I have seen 1811 DEA agents being able to lateral over to ICE without needing to go through CITP because their academy at Quantico satisfied the same requirements.
    ...or in my case, I left an 1811 position for a LE Supervisor with another Fed agency(not 1811 series). I think my prior time as an 1811 coupled with my current LEO Supervisory duties will qualify me. If all else fails, my veteran status will at least get me looked at.

Comment

Originally posted by CBPO I View Post
      I think based off of the wording of the announcement that even non-citp 1811's such as FBI and DEA agents would be able to apply. I have seen 1811 DEA agents being able to lateral over to ICE without needing to go through CITP because their academy at Quantico satisfied the same requirements.
      Well, I can tell you from experience that I had a former DEA agent in my academy class. Just as ICE agents cannot lateral over to DEA, DEA cannot lateral over to ICE. I think it's ridiculous and a waste of money, but no one asked me. Nevertheless, unless this has changed in the last two years, FLETC and Quantico are not considered the same. Each one thinks they are better than the other I guess.

I submit that the announcement is for those who are not already 1811's with ICE because they don't want current ICE agents applying to the announcement solely get the particular locations being offered. For current ICE 1811's, they want us to use the internal Self Funded Lateral Transfer program. I think it's just that simple.

Just my $0.02.

Comment

Originally posted by jb5722
        I believe you must have been through citp, I dont think you have to currently be an 1811, but I dont think they will send anyone to citp for this announcement
        Actually, it looks like they will. In the "Training" section of the announcement it says you must attend 22 weeks of training at FLETC (CITP + ICESAT), but if you have previous FLE training, you may only be required to attend the agency-specific training (ICESAT). That tells me that A) you do not have to have been through CITP to get the position, but you may have to go through it if you get the job, and B) it does not specifically say "you must have attended CITP/FLETC". Maybe they relaxed the CITP/FLETC requirement for FBI and DEA folks. Ridiculous they would have to do CITP if they have already been through an academy, but that's another discussion.

Comment

Fed gov't doesn't always make sense, but sending an FBI, DEA, or USPIS to CITP seems to be a waste of money, as thier training would be equivalent I would think. Just send them to ICESAT. I thought ICESAT was shortened to 8 weeks? Can be a good job depending on location.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10075 users online. 421 members and 9654 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X