Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE 1811 GS-12 Lateral Transfers announcements?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICE 1811 GS-12 Lateral Transfers announcements?

Job Title: Criminal Investigator
    Department: Department Of Homeland Security
    Agency: Immigration and Customs Enforcement
    Job Announcement Number: DAL-INV-362277-MP-SDL

So here's what it says:

Who May Apply: Current and former Federal employees in the 1811 series with competitive status who ARE NOT currently employed as a Criminal Investigator (Special Agent), GS-1811, within the Homeland Security Investigations, US Immigration and Custom Enforcement.

So essentially what it's saying is lateral transfers to ICE 1811 at a GS-12/13 from any agency outside Homeland Security?

That doesn't sound to shabby and I've been looking at trying to get out to the pacific northwest. Seattle would be great.

I'm guessing somewhere in all 300 some pages of that last ICE 1811 position thread someone whose with them will explain how their agency works... what their 1811's investigate, and how their agency is to work for? It's just to much to sift through.

Can anyone shed some light on these positions? I'd rather not give up my current 1811 which I enjoy to lateral transfer into something not so great.

Especially after I saw this:

(If you have previous Federal law enforcement training, you may only be required to attend the 12 week agency-specific session.)

Another 12 weeks at the FLETC? Awugggggg.... this here might be a deal breaker. I dunno if it would even be worth it.

What say you?
    Last edited by Plainsmen; 08-24-2010, 07:57 PM.

Originally posted by jb5722

secondly, i'm sure there are hundreds of 1811's with secret service right now that are salivating at the opportunity to go to ICE.
    That is an understatement, when USPIS had laterals they got swamped with Service 1811 resumes.

Comment

Hey so this is a... what if question.

So.. you HAVE to be an 1811 outside DHS to qualify for this? For instance would being a marshal qualify?

So these lateral transfers, how does the whole process work.. would you have to go through and take the TEA test for this (w/e test ICE requires) then all the other steps? or since its a lateral transfer are those steps waived?

I am just trying to get an idea.

Thank you everyone!
      CBPO
      Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
      TO: 2/2011
      Medical: 3/22/2011
      PT Test: 3/22/2011
      VBT: 3/2011
      Background: 3/2011
      Drug Test: 4/2011
      Referred to TSU: 5/2011
      PT Test 2: TBD
      FLETC: Good Question lol
      CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
      Info Session 9/2009
      Interview 3/2010
      COE 5/2010
      Medical 5/2010
      Fit/Background 7/2010
      All clear as of 11/2010
      FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

question:
        on the announcement it said that
        "Veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service will receive consideration under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA). "

now does that mean that if you are qualifying under VEOA and don't have any 1811 credentials, would they still take u?

Comment

Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
          Hey so this is a... what if question.

So.. you HAVE to be an 1811 outside DHS to qualify for this? For instance would being a marshal qualify?

So these lateral transfers, how does the whole process work.. would you have to go through and take the TEA test for this (w/e test ICE requires) then all the other steps? or since its a lateral transfer are those steps waived?

I am just trying to get an idea.

Thank you everyone!
          The way I read the announcement is that any 1811's qualify, so if you are an 1811 DUSM then you should be eligible.
          Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Roninjin View Post
            question:
            on the announcement it said that
            "Veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service will receive consideration under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA). "

now does that mean that if you are qualifying under VEOA and don't have any 1811 credentials, would they still take u?
            Actually, from what I hear, this is a method of getting the job if you are an experienced 1811 with an agency that is excepted service. For example the FBI is excepted service, and their agents would not be able to apply for this lateral announcement. Now if they are vets, then they could apply using the VEOA.
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Non 1811's can qualify IF they have specific experience.

Comment

It seems that you could be eligible if you have Federal LE experience and can explain in detailed that experience and how it relates to 1811 duties.

Comment

Hrmmmm... that's really not how I'm reading it. I think it's saying 1st... you HAVE to be an 1811. Then vet's who are 1811's will be given preference.

Who May Apply: Current and former Federal employees in the 1811 series with competitive status who ARE NOT currently employed as a Criminal Investigator (Special Agent), GS-1811, within the Homeland Security Investigations, US Immigration and Custom Enforcement.

Current Federal employees in the1811 series who meet the established criteria in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement.

Veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service will receive consideration under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).

Displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP).

Comment

How will this affect those still waiting for interviews?

Comment

Originally posted by Plainsmen View Post
                      Hrmmmm... that's really not how I'm reading it. I think it's saying 1st... you HAVE to be an 1811. Then vet's who are 1811's will be given preference.
                      Many BPAs, CBPOs, and DOs have been hired off the lateral announcements, most had specific experience that your "run of the mill" BPA, CBPO, or DO wouldn't have, some got it just because they held the position. Personally, I've had the opportunity to do some things that most PA's don't even know we do. My whole office might as well be annexed as a small RAC or turned into a TF due to the crap we get into...
                      Last edited by madchiken; 08-24-2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

can you expound on that? i'm curious if i may be eligible.
                        Not knowing you at all, the best I can say is to look at the online questionaire. If you keep answering that you have little or no experience, then you got your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                          Many BPAs, CBPOs, and DOs have been hired off the lateral announcements, most had specific experience that your "run of the mill" BPA, CBPO, or DO wouldn't have, some got it just because they held the position. Personally, I've had the opportunity to do some things that most PA's don't even know we do. My whole office might as well be annexed as a small RAC or turned into a TF due to the crap we get into...

I'm sure it's possible but as this position is a lateral transfer for a GS 12 I think it would be hard for an regular officer to qualify no? With a small percentage of exceptions I'm assuming.

Comment

Originally posted by Plainsmen View Post
                            I'm sure it's possible but as this position is a lateral transfer for a GS 12 I think it would be hard for an regular officer to qualify no? With a small percentage of exceptions I'm assuming.
                            10-4, they would be expected to perform as a 12 from day one and thus would need to already have several years experience conducting complex investigations.

Comment

I believe you must have been through citp, I dont think you have to currently be an 1811, but I dont think they will send anyone to citp for this announcement
                              I think based off of the wording of the announcement that even non-citp 1811's such as FBI and DEA agents would be able to apply. I have seen 1811 DEA agents being able to lateral over to ICE without needing to go through CITP because their academy at Quantico satisfied the same requirements.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10556 users online. 471 members and 10085 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X