300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TVA police

Hi, wondering if anyone has knowledge Of the Tennessee Valley Authority Police. Basically they are a Fed LE dept that secures all of the power plants, hydro electric dams etc in the Tenn Valley Area. I love this region of the country and love being outdoors in sparsely populated locations.

Does anybody have knowledge of Pay, working conditions, duties, morale, etc?

I have a friend who just left TVA to go to another Fed LE job. We went to the academy together. The things I know from him... TVA Police is not a great LE place to work. They are not supportive of real LE, which is why my friend left. They do not have 6C retirement and their pay scale is not similar to other Fed LE jobs. Start out making $35k/year or so. They don't support carrying your firearm off duty. The management has virtually no true LE experience and they try to lead that way. Sorry to be a bummer, but the location is about the only thing they have going for them. Good luck!

Comment

Are you sure their Fed, and not state?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbauz View Post
        Are you sure their Fed, and not state?
        Nope, they're fed.
        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

They are definatly FED. They are also hard to get much info about.

Comment

I see some TVA police every now and then out and about...but mostly they never leave TVA property. They cruise the perimeter of Brown's Ferry, and I've seen them parked near Wilson Dam camp grounds. I imagine their jurisdiction is fairly limited and might be a tad boring. Never know though, you might like it.

I had some friends do contract security forces there, but I think they were something totally different than TVA police. I'm pretty sure they were doing SRT and foot patrols around the facility, with no LE duties.
            Big Brother is watching

Comment

I had a long thing typed out............Just PM me with questions, I will answer.
              Last edited by DARE_SUPPORTER; 08-09-2010, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead_FBI_SA View Post

I had some friends do contract security forces there, but I think they were something totally different than TVA police. I'm pretty sure they were doing SRT and foot patrols around the facility, with no LE duties.
                Yep completely different...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8139 users online. 378 members and 7761 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X