300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICE No Confidence

I watched a story yesterday about a vote taken of ICE employees. The results were released by AFGE and the result is no confidence in the ICE Director and ICE ODPP Assistant Director. I think they are wrong. I think the orders are coming from higher up than those two people. There are a lot of complaints from across DHS that similar laws are not being enforced. Hell it is so prevalent in one state, they passed their own law to enforce the laws already on the books and the DOJ is suing them to not enforce the law.

As a result of the agencies not enforcing laws already on the books the Congress just passed another law to spend a boat load of money, when all that really needs to be done is allow those already employed to enforce the laws already on the books. I have friends working the southwest border, who were reporting the flow of illegal aliens going south was huge right after the law in AZ was passed. That shows that the illegals are afraid of the law, if they think it will be enforced.

http://www.aila.com/content/default.aspx?docid=32801
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

My agency has done the same, given the director a vote of no confidence. However, It was a vote from the Union and I mildly suspect that it is simply a means for the union to gather bargaining chips.

Comment

Originally posted by jb5722
      I think they should have gone one level higher and asked about the level of confidence in the DHS Secretary.
      Ya, I had high hopes she would be a bit tougher on illegal immigration since she was from AZ. Oh well, the one constant with the federal government is it always changes.
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

My personal opinion is that ICE-HSI is too small of an agency to tackle the job that is expected of them. They have to remove criminal aliens, raid worksites, investigate smuggling, counterfeit merchandise, and child exploitation on the internet....just to name a few. All of these crimes are rampant in our country, yet we expect such a small investigatory agency to handle it all.

Comment

BP voted no confidence in their Chief a couple of years ago. He was promoted...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8690 users online. 372 members and 8318 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X