Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transportation Security Officer (TSA Screener)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been flying for years and am lucky to say I haven't really had any incidents with any TSA personnel coming or going. If you want talk about people that give you a hard time, try the English Customs agents at London Heathrow Airport in England. I went through there a few times in the mid to late '80s and once in the early '90s and will NEVER fly through there again.
    CBP written test Miami, FL
    11/10/2007
    NOR letter 01/16/2008
    VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
    Forms 6/2/2009 completed
    Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
    9/4/2009
    Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
    drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
    TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
    never got first)
    qualifications completed
    BI interview 9/30/2009
    BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
    poly: Mar 2011
    updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
    BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

I completed my assessment/oral in December of 2009, I've been in backgrounds ever since. For all of you in the testing and credit check phase, don't expect to get the job anytime soon, their background time is ridiculous. I'm guessing it has a lot to due with budget cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMerr View Post
        I completed my assessment/oral in December of 2009, I've been in backgrounds ever since. For all of you in the testing and credit check phase, don't expect to get the job anytime soon, their background time is ridiculous. I'm guessing it has a lot to due with budget cuts.
        Keep in mind, you're applying for a government job. The process from start to finish is going to be 7-12 months. It took me 9 months to be hired back in 07.

Comment

Listen, I know many of them. I am not knocking the job. I have NEVER seen a passenger do one of those things you mentioned. And if they did, it wouldn't be TSA taking care of it. It would be the sheriff's arresting them. I have never heard nor seen someone do that where I work. I do not have a one sided attitude, I am NOT knocking the job, I am knocking the people I have come into contact with by working alongside of them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12101 users online. 483 members and 11618 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X