Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transportation Security Officer (TSA Screener)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transportation Security Officer (TSA Screener)

doesn't look like there's a thread dedicated to this job on this site, so here it goes..

Anyone work in TSA as a TSO?
    CBP written test Miami, FL
    11/10/2007
    NOR letter 01/16/2008
    VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
    Forms 6/2/2009 completed
    Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
    9/4/2009
    Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
    drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
    TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
    never got first)
    qualifications completed
    BI interview 9/30/2009
    BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
    poly: Mar 2011
    updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
    BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Oh boy... you're opening a can of worms, sandwichman.

Comment

Yeah this is going to start a **** storm. You've had to seen the past threads about TSA right? lol

Comment

Too much TSA bashing around here.

I've been dealing quite a bit with them lately and their professionalism has been quite good. I guess they purged some of the dead wood, the same way the FAMS did after their post 9/11 hiring frenzy when they hired some real doozies.

It's an honest living and they should be left alone, as long as they realize that they are not LEOs.
        They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
          Too much TSA bashing around here.

It's an honest living and they should be left alone, as long as they realize that they are not LEOs.
          Hey I'm with 'ya. IMO, same goes for security guards. All I'm saying is that, that is not the prevailing thought around here!

Lets face it, there are A-holes in every profession... even LEOs. However the bad ones shouldn't take away from the good ones, or even the average ones who are just doing a job, and most of the time just doing it the way they are told to.

Comment

Originally posted by Fed0080 View Post
            Hey I'm with 'ya. IMO, same goes for security guards. All I'm saying is that, that is not the prevailing thought around here!
            You're right, it's not. Some posters here need to think back of where they were before they got the badge and gun.
            They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

I've been stuck on Credit Check for months now. No explanation why. The credit check is the one thing I should breeze through, as apparent by other job applications. Its just the one thing there's nothing to cause any problems.

Coincidentally my girlfriend applied for a TSO position a couple months after I did, and got her call today for employment. We applied to two different airports though. Ugh.

Any answers or links to other threads on here would be great. I actually applied to TSA while in the ready pool for another Federal law enforcement job on here.

Comment

+1.

There needs to be an ego check among some LEOs. We all started somewhere performing a job/task that wasn't great but that motivates a person to strive for a better life. I had a TSA screener in my UD class, he was very squared away and now a good Officer. There are idiots in every agency/department but you can't judge them all based on the actions of a few.

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                You're right, it's not. Some posters here need to think back of where they were before they got the badge and gun.

Comment

I think the problem is with any profession. Most people remember the bad experiences vs the good ones (or par ones).

Everyone remembers their horrible call to a customer service center (usually computer related). But the good experience usually just ends with a "thank you".

Everyone is willing to write a letter to a manager/superior when someone gives you the worst service.. but when was the last time someone wrote a thank you letter.

Comment

I am finally towards the end of the process for TSO. I'm under no delusions that this is in any way a LEO job. But I will work hard at it until I get the call for a LEO job.

Comment

I'm near the end also - Just finalized the background paperwork. It took exactly 1 month for me to get the green check mark in the credit check area and from beginning to hiring pool probably about 6 months, in total. I view this as a stepping stone job, and I'm confident I won't be acting like or mistaken for a cop, especially in my royal blue shirt and sweater vest.

Comment

Listen, I work at an airport and while a select few of them and a very select few of them are great, most are complete jerks. I watch the way these people handle other passengers and they treat them awful. Classic example of someone given a badge and thinking they are above the law. Officers treat civilians better than the way these people with a uniform and badge do. I've lost respect for almost all of them that I work with and alongside.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick331 View Post
                          Listen, I work at an airport and while a select few of them and a very select few of them are great, most are complete jerks. I watch the way these people handle other passengers and they treat them awful. Classic example of someone given a badge and thinking they are above the law. Officers treat civilians better than the way these people with a uniform and badge do. I've lost respect for almost all of them that I work with and alongside.
                          Most are complete jerks? I guess you never been spit at, threatened, cursed at, or pushed by an unruley passenger. Be a TSO for a day, and I'll bet you'll change your one sided attitiude.

Comment

I'm sure there are jerks that work as TSO's. That can be said for any agency though. You can't knock someone for working a job. Law enforcement jobs at this point in time can be a very very lengthy process. If I was offered a job with TSA today, I would take it and do the best job I can. I know I'm not law enforcement. It sure beats working temp jobs in a city that has no jobs.

Comment

So I took the TSA test today and got my results, I passed. After I called the 800 number in their email I was dismayed to find out I would have to go through the ENTIRE process that I already cleared with CBP for a customs job, in order to be in the pool for the TSO job. So now I have to bug my friends and neighbors to let me get use them as references AGAIN, have an investigator interview me AGAIN, do the drug test AGAIN, medical (AGAIN), etc, etc.

Have any of you waiting around for TSO applied within other agencies under Homeland Security and did you have to go through all the pre-employment stuff more than once?
                              Last edited by sandwichman; 07-26-2010, 04:53 PM.
                              CBP written test Miami, FL
                              11/10/2007
                              NOR letter 01/16/2008
                              VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                              Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                              Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                              9/4/2009
                              Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                              drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                              TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                              never got first)
                              qualifications completed
                              BI interview 9/30/2009
                              BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                              poly: Mar 2011
                              updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                              BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8764 users online. 412 members and 8352 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X