Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barrister
    replied
    Here's a dumb question- do you use the LEO base table for 1811's plus locality and LEAP or the basic GS scale plus plus?

Leave a comment:

• DLA
    replied
    http://opm.gov/oca/10tables/indexGS.asp

use that as your guide for pay. if you graduate with your degree and have a 3.0 or better GPA you SHOULD start at gs-7. from there, you promote every year, gs-9, gs-11, gs-12. after gs-12 it just increases by step.

Leave a comment:

• ICEAGENT
    replied
    LEAP (Law Enforcement Availability Pay) as jlac pointed out adds 25% onto your basic pay. It essentially compensates you for the fact that you are on call 24/7 and work an average of 50 hours a week. It also covers all unscheduled OT. LEAP is paid to most criminal investigator/special agents in the G (DUSM's are 1811's after a couple years as an 082). You generally will not be paid OT as an 1811, unless it is scheduled two weeks in advance, which is rare.

Leave a comment:

• jlac20
    replied
    I dont think you searched hard enough, because everything you just asked is on the USMS website. The difficulty of getting into the program, you would need to ask your department chair perhaps, but im pretty sure criminal justice majors have priority just as they did at my university where I attended. Availability pay is something you will not get in the co op program. Thats law enforcement availability pay, which is 25% more. As far as pay, go to the USMS forum, and current deputies on that forum could answer any questions you have better.

Leave a comment:

• AndeyHall
    started a topic US Marshal General Info & Pay ?

US Marshal General Info & Pay ?

Hi, I'm going to be starting my sophmore year at Clemson University this fall and I am a Mechanical Engineering major. I was planning on trying to get in with Ford to design diesel engines now that they are designing them in-house now, however recently I felt a pull (or a calling, if you will, for those fellow church goers out there) towards law enforcement. No one in my family has ever been in law enforcement or the military for that matter (except for grandparents, but i think that's pretty much standard in anyone's family). The division I have been fascinated with most is the US Marshals. My first question is this...if I am planning on trying to get into a co-op with the US Marshals through Clemson (I've been told that Clemson is the only school in SC that does a co-op with USMS) then does anyone know exactly how hard that is to get in to? My second question regards pay. I talked to the SC recruiter and he mentioned something about "availability pay"...I tried looking it up but had no luck. Does anyone know what this is? I also read someone else's post that said that most Marshals should be able to get to a 12-1 paygrade within 7-8 years. If this is true, then that means that Marshals would almost double their salary in just 7-8 years. Does this sound correct? Any info you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Like I say, I've not been in a family that is involved at all in any type of law enforcement so please bare with me.

I am however pretty good with forums, so yes, I did search to see if I could find all the information I've asked for...both on here and the USMS website and a few other places. I also talked to the SC recruiter and, although very nice, he was not very chatty or descriptive on the questions I asked him. So again, thank in advance for any info.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5414 users online. 245 members and 5169 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X