300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usbp

BP just opened a new entry level hiring announcement on USAJobs. S Texas, New Mexico/W Texas, AZ, and CA geo availability.

Job Title: Border Patrol Agent
    Department: Department Of Homeland Security
    Agency: Customs and Border Protection
    Job Announcement Number: BPA 10-1

SALARY RANGE: $38,619.00 - $63,259.00 /year
    OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 to Thursday, September 30, 2010
    SERIES & GRADE: GL-1896-05/09
    POSITION INFORMATION: Full TimeExcepted Service Permanent
    PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 11
    DUTY LOCATIONS: Many vacancies - South Texas, TX; Many vacancies - West Texas New Mexico, NM; Many vacancies - California, CA; Many vacancies - Arizona, AZ
    WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens

JOB SUMMARY:
    Online registrations close at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time on 09/30/2010 or at 11:59 pm EDT on the day that the first 100,000 eligible applications are received, whichever comes first. No registrations will be accepted after that date and time. We recommend that you register and test as soon as possible in order to receive early consideration.

Early Consideration: Early hiring consideration will be given to those applicants who complete the online registration process by July 30, 2010 and test by August 27, 2010.

Organizational Location: Positions are located in South Texas, West Texas/New Mexico, Arizona and California.

RESTRICTION: If you have taken the Border Patrol Agent examination previously and wish to retest either because you previously failed the test or because you would like to try to obtain a higher score, there is a required waiting period before you are eligible to retake the exam. You must wait twelve months from the date on your Notice of Results before you can register to retake the Border Patrol Agent examination. Please note that if you previously took and passed the Border Patrol Agent examination and you elect to retake the examination in an attempt to improve your score, your new score will supersede any previous test score, even if it is lower than your previous score.

NOTE: If you have already been tentatively selected for a Border Patrol Agent position and you reapply under this announcement, and are referred and re-selected, your new referral and selection under this announcement will supersede ANY existing Border Patrol Agent selection for which you are currently in process whether for a Northern Border or Southern Border position certificate.

Current Border Patrol Agents are advised that this announcement is explicitly intended for hiring new trainee agents into the U.S. Border Patrol to increase staffing levels. It is not intended for use in moving current Border Patrol Agents to new duty locations. Current Border Patrol Agents interested in new duty location assignments should inquire through their chain of command about upcoming voluntary reassignment and/or relocation opportunities.

BPA Online Application

AGE REQUIREMENT – Candidates must be referred for selection before reaching their 40th birthday. However, the age restriction may not apply if you are currently serving or have previously served in a federal civilian law enforcement (non-military) position covered by Title 5 U.S.C. 8336(c) or Title 5 U.S.C. 8412(d). The age restriction does not apply if you are a veterans’ preference eligible.

KEY REQUIREMENTS:
    US Citizenship
    No Convictions for Misdemeanor Crime of Domestic Violence
    Medical Exam and a Physical Fitness Test
    Background Security Investigation
    US Residency or its protectorates or territories for the last three years
    Drug Test and second Physical Fitness Test

Thanks for the heads up! I checked Usajobs this morning and it wasn't up. Amazing what changes in a few hours
    ICE IEA
    May 2009 - Register for IEA exam
    June (6/05/09) - Take IEA exam
    July (7/20/09) - NOR
    August (8/17/09) - TO
    September (9/30/09) - Medical/Fitness Test
    October (10/01/09) - Drug Test
    March '10 - Cleared Medical
    Feb 3, '11 - Interview - Passed

Comment

let the mad rush begin

Comment

Just applied for this position last night. I have signed up for the written test next month as the job posting claims "those who apply and test before end of August will be considered for early appointment". Question....I speak a minimal amout of spanish. Applicants must score at least 70% to be considered for employment and 1/3 of the written test is Spanish comprehension. Do I stand a chance at passing this test besides just getting lucky? Also, why don't they post that you must comprehend basic spanish to successfully complete test. I understand you must learn the language before you begin work, I just thought you learn the language at training and then continue your learning.

Comment

Hey you all, my recommendation is to move your convo over to the big BPA thread. That way we all can keep it consolidated. Wouldn't want us applicants to miss anything would we? Anyway congrats to you guys who applied, from a fellow and returning applicants stand point let me welcome you to the most professional and well coordinated hiring process I've been through for what is in my opinion to be the most outstanding potential job on the planet!

Ctoles86, in your case, I would take the test that measures your ability to learn Spanish. Everything I've been told from people who've taken the Spanish Proficiency Test is that it's hard even for native speakers at times. Your Spanish is taught to you at the Academy and then you build on it as you go on in your career. Agents on the boards, please do clarify this if I am mistaken in anyway.

Comment

Big signs up and billboard signs up here in Tucson, AZ (Now Hiring Apply inside!). I think I might throw my name in the hat.

Comment

Question. Do you have the option to choose which portion of the written exam you want to take? The Spanish proficiency test or the language aptitude test? Also, how many agents are they planning on hiring? USAJobs.gov claims that applicants who complete the app. and written test before late August 10' are availiable for rushed hiring. What kind of timeline am I looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by ctoles86 View Post
                Question. Do you have the option to choose which portion of the written exam you want to take? The Spanish proficiency test or the language aptitude test? Also, how many agents are they planning on hiring? USAJobs.gov claims that applicants who complete the app. and written test before late August 10' are availiable for rushed hiring. What kind of timeline am I looking at?
                At the testing location, you will be able to choose whether you want to take the Artificial or Spanish Test. If I remember correctly, when I tested back in 2008, there were over 100 people there and only 1 chose the Spanish Proficiency Test. Only take it if you are completely fluent in Spanish. The Artificial Test is not bad if you study. They plan on hiring 1200 agents or so but most of this hiring is for the future in the next couple years. Thousands of applicants are already in TSU for the SW border locations. If you apply before August 2010, you are just given preference over those who apply after that before the vacancy closes. You will not be given preference over those who are already in TSU.
                Last edited by PL07; 07-15-2010, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Also keep it mind those who were Northern Border applicants who have already passed all the requirements to be hired but realized that NB hiring has slowed down and reapplied under this announcement. They dont need to take the test, oral board, BI, PT Test, because everything transfers over to this announcement. They may have given up their NB slot but it may be worth it in the long run since SB hiring is much faster.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10592 users online. 448 members and 10144 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X