Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VDGIF is hiring Conservation Police Officers!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VDGIF is hiring Conservation Police Officers!

If you are interested in a career in wildlife law enforcement please visit: www.dgif.virginia.gov

Damn hellbender, not posted on every damn page like last time?
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Do you need to be a Virginia Resident to apply?

Comment

No, you do not need to live in Virginia. We will travel to all 50 states to complete a background investigation on a qualified applicant.

Also, as a fellow law enforcement officer, I apologize for the unprofessional behavior exhibited by orlandofed5-0. I can assure you that within our department, we will not tolerate this type of disrespectful behavior. Especially, when it is a violation of the posted rules!

Comment

The job listing will be closing on 8/12/2010.

Comment

Originally posted by VACPO View Post
            The job listing will be closing on 8/12/2010.
            Any idea why they extended it?

Comment

I do not. I know they used to always leave it open for 60 days and over the past 2 years they have reduced it to 30 days, which has reduced the amount of applications they have received. They may be trying to increase the applicant pool. We do not receive anywhere near the amount of applications the feds receive, but it is still pretty competitive. When I was hired they had 2100 applications for 23 positions. I have not heard how many they have received for the current announcement to date.

Comment

Originally posted by VACPO View Post
                I do not. I know they used to always leave it open for 60 days and over the past 2 years they have reduced it to 30 days, which has reduced the amount of applications they have received. They may be trying to increase the applicant pool. We do not receive anywhere near the amount of applications the feds receive, but it is still pretty competitive. When I was hired they had 2100 applications for 23 positions. I have not heard how many they have received for the current announcement to date.
                That sounds like my job, 5,000 applications for about 100 or so positions or LESS.. the competition is fierce out there in this economy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10796 users online. 448 members and 10348 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X