300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K9_Rex View Post
    Has anybody that applied for the announcements been contacted or heard anything? Just curious...earlier post mentioned 2-3 month process.
    I wasnt contacted personally but I had NORs in my application manager.....basically said I qualified but wasnt selected by the hiring official or something like that.
    ICE SA

Test: July 2009
    NOR: Sept 2009
    Interview: Nov 2009
    NOR: Dec 30, 2010
    TO: Jan 3, 2011
    Medical: Jan 14, 2011
    Drug Screen: Jan 26, 2011
    Cleared all Pre-Employment Checks Feb 23, 2011
    Met with BI: March 9, 2011
    BI Complete: April 26, 2011

Comment

After applying off & on for over 1 year, I finally starting seeing NORs with "ERO - You have been referred to the selecting official. You will be contacted by the selecting official if an interview is desired." As a 21yr+ LEO with extensive investigative experience, I am at a loss to explain OPM's thought process. I changed nothing in my application but now I am ERO instead of EL. I sit by the phone every day just waiting for the OPM folks to call me in for an interview (:

In the meantime, apps submitted for 181x (exempted slots for old gun-toters too), 180x, 008x & 013x

Comment

Based on the NOR, OPM appears to only look at the application questions to rate an applicant. The resume, etc. are not reviewed. They may not be choosing the best applicants, since many of the questions seem to be irrelevant, and there are several pertinent questions that are not asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent555 View Post
          Based on the NOR, OPM appears to only look at the application questions to rate an applicant. The resume, etc. are not reviewed. They may not be choosing the best applicants, since many of the questions seem to be irrelevant, and there are several pertinent questions that are not asked.
          This appears to be happening across the board. I have applied to more than my share of federal positions and typically a referred/non-referred was entered into the system two or three weeks after the closing date. My wife has started applying for jobs with the fed (not the OPM BI jobs) and has been referred/not referred within a day or two of the closing of the announcement. This kind of makes sense, if the application questions are relevant. Give X number of points for each answer, apply vets preference, then refer everyone who is above a certain score. The hiring manager then looks at the application and compares it to the attached resume of the top 3-5 applicants. Any application that is not supported by the resume has their score adjusted appropriately then interviews (if done) are scheduled.
          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

you can email them for your NOR score to see where you are at.
            I score 98 on most my apps for this position and still get eligible not selected.

my guess is that they are picking up mainly USIS, CACI contractors. Makes sense, they're already trained and opm can actually track their previous quality and work production.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10007 users online. 476 members and 9531 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X