Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How competitive am I for 1811 grade positions?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iam in the process for the UD, so i can't complain. Iam really interested in Special Officer since Iam degree less. What is FY11 and FY12, IceAgent?

Comment

Originally posted by Richie 343 View Post
      Iam in the process for the UD, so i can't complain. Iam really interested in Special Officer since Iam degree less. What is FY11 and FY12, IceAgent?
      FY=fiscal year. The federal FY begins October 1, so that is when the money kicks in for hiring (if the fed budget is approved).
      Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Future FedSA View Post
        Could some of you guys tell me how the process was for you for the 1811 position or any other type of LE position.
        I'm an 1811 who was a local LEO before hand. From the time I first put in an app with my agency until the time I was hired was approx. 3.5 years, and I had to apply twice due to not being deemed among the "most qualified" the first time I applied. At the time I initially applied, I had a MS in CJ and was working in management in the private sector (about a year). The second time I applied I had been working in management for over a year (did 2.5 years in management total), worked part-time as a cop for 2 years, and made the transition to full-time local LE for about a year.

Not suggesting this is a magical pathway for others to follow, just illustrating how difficult it can be, and how patience is a virtue in 1811 hiring.
        sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7962 users online. 307 members and 7655 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X