300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEA new Application process

As many of you may know DEA used to go through AVUE services.

As of July 1 they no longer use there services. They go through USAJOBS and more specifically they have an email address you will need to send your paperwork through.

Question: Has anybody in the last three months had issues with AVUE showing them NOT qualified when they clearly are?

I have applied for six IA jobs over the last 3 months through AVUE and ALL of them come back by HR saying I have not passed the basic qualifications. The basic Qualifications were GS 5 experience at the next lower grade (which I have) OR a bachelors degree. (I have a masters)

Anybody else have this happen? I am trying to contact the HR but getting the run around on who actually is in charge of this process.
    FBI SA
    Applied 4-10-2010
    Phase I 5-26-2010 PASSED
    Phase II 10-28-2010 PASSED
    Fitness 11-10-2010 PASSED 22 pts
    POLY 11-17-2010
    Med TBD
    BG TBD
    Q TBD

FAMS
    July 2010 Applied
    October 2010 COE

right here, twice

Comment

Originally posted by CI_wannabe View Post
      As many of you may know DEA used to go through AVUE services.

As of July 1 they no longer use there services. They go through USAJOBS and more specifically they have an email address you will need to send your paperwork through.

Question: Has anybody in the last three months had issues with AVUE showing them NOT qualified when they clearly are?

I have applied for six IA jobs over the last 3 months through AVUE and ALL of them come back by HR saying I have not passed the basic qualifications. The basic Qualifications were GS 5 experience at the next lower grade (which I have) OR a bachelors degree. (I have a masters)

Anybody else have this happen? I am trying to contact the HR but getting the run around on who actually is in charge of this process.
      Me too. Same boat. Hopefully USAjobs does it better on the next vacancy announcement. I hope there is one soon.

Comment

September

Originally posted by wan2bsa View Post
        Me too. Same boat. Hopefully USAjobs does it better on the next vacancy announcement. I hope there is one soon.

I was told by a DEA Applicant Recruiter that there will be one in September.

Comment

I have experienced the same. I have accepted the conditional offer for a special agent and it says not qualified. Since then I have received additional paperwork from HR to complete. Something is really wrong witht he system.

Comment

I emailed the Recruiter from the field office I am processing through and he advised the DEA is very frustrated with AVUE. I too received notification from AVUE that I did not meet the minimum qualifications, however, the recruiter advised my application was approved and I am waiting for an interview date. If you received notification from AVUE, I would still make contact with your local recruiter and ask them for clarification. My Recruiter advised he had received several email from applicants that were in the same boat........
            DEA S/A
            Applied 02/10
            COE 04/10
            Initial Testing: 07/16/10
            Passed Phase I 07/20/10
            Panel Interview: 08/12/10
            Passed Panel Interview 08/12/10
            Medical 08/25/10-Passed
            PTT 10/26/10-Passed
            Psych???

Comment

Originally posted by fanhood View Post
              I was told by a DEA Applicant Recruiter that there will be one in September.
              +1 -- My recruiting contact in SoFL said to look for another announcement in the Sept/Oct timeframe. I was also marked as not passing the basic qualifications.
              GatorFutureSA

DEA 1811 (June 2012):
              Applied - 06/2012

FBI 1811 (August 2012):
              Applied - 08/2012
              Phase I - 09/2012
              M & G - Pending

CBPO (Sept 2011):
              Applied - 09/2011
              Test - 09/2011 (Passed) - NOR 89
              VBT/SI - 11/2011 (Passed)
              Medical - 12/2011 (Cleared)
              PFT1 - 12/2011 (Passed)
              BI - 11/2011 (Pending - In Security Office)

ICE 1811 (June 2011):
              Applied - 06/2011
              Cancelled - 08/2012 -- sonofabitch!

Comment

I just received an email earlier this week saying I was not considered one of the most competive canidates. However when I checked the Avue site it said "not refered" for on GS-11 and GS-09, nothing about the GS-07. Should I bother calling my local recruiter or just wait until the next announcement?

Comment

snakedoctor,

call your recruiter
                  DEA S/A
                  Applied 02/10
                  COE 04/10
                  Initial Testing: 07/16/10
                  Passed Phase I 07/20/10
                  Panel Interview: 08/12/10
                  Passed Panel Interview 08/12/10
                  Medical 08/25/10-Passed
                  PTT 10/26/10-Passed
                  Psych???

Comment

Thank you for the responses. I am going to call the recruiter on Monday.

Comment

I got the same email. Have my bachelors, about to finish my Masters. Been in law enforcement for 10 years..

Comment

I had some issues with this, but the next day or so it would show that it had been HR reviewed and that I did pass the basic qualifications on both 7 and 9. It was odd, but both 7 and 9 were referred to selecting officials and I received the COE on both prior to July 1st when DEA scrapped them. Theoretically I'm done with the Avue process (I don't qualify for 11 so didn't apply), and it's in the hands of my division office, yes?
                        DEA SA 1811 Application:
                        Applied: February '10
                        COE GS-9: June '10
                        Submitted SF-86: June '10
                        Passed Phase I Testing: October '10
                        Passed Panel Interview: December '10
                        Passed Medical: December '10
                        Passed PTT: March '11
                        Written Psych: (scheduled) March '11

NYPD Exam 8051:
                        Exam Date: February '09
                        Received List # (95+5=100): June '09
                        Rest of the process: ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6135 users online. 222 members and 5913 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X