Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate the input guys, it's all very insightful. Wish you all the best of luck as well!
    Don't walk behind me, and call me a leader.
    Don't walk in front of me, and call me a follower.
    Walk beside me and call me a brother.

Comment

I'd love to. Hoping I can go in a few years after a career develops. Perhaps one that has some tuition reimbursement. But I'm not trying to go directly into Social Work. Mostly focusing on corrections currently. I'd really like to spend time working in a jail before going out on the road. What better way to understand and observe criminals daily than a correctional facility? I think that would be ideal prior experience.

As far as the competitiveness, I will work hard to try and test and interview better than the rest. Nothing will come up in my BI besides the traffic tickets and the one city ordinance violation.

And I am not talking theft as in hundreds of dollars. Mostly just lunch money or money for the stores pop machine. At times I'd mess up a 2-3$ product while working in the repair shop and just toss it out and start over rather than official reporting it...but since I had no higher authority to report to
      other than my uncle I guess in some instances it was my call. I still feel bad about it though.
      Don't walk behind me, and call me a leader.
      Don't walk in front of me, and call me a follower.
      Walk beside me and call me a brother.

Comment

Originally posted by CI_wannabe View Post
        I am 34 years old, 6 years military, BS in criminal Justice, masters in Law. Spotless record, including no speeding tickets, no drugs ever noting. + 10 pt vet pref.

I would consider myself in the top 30%.
        Not bad. Still, I've seen people with better resumes who struggled to get hired. I've also seen kids fresh out of college with no work experience, no military down at Fletc hired for an 1811 gig. It sucks but it happens.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Apply and see what happens, worst case is you get a BQA email.

Keep improving your skill set (military/reserves/language), credit, and stay out of trouble.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6440 users online. 284 members and 6156 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X