300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDCR Parole Agent exam posted

I am at the last step of the process (oral psych) from the last announcement. It seems to have opened up again.

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Career_Opport...pen/index.html

I have recently applied for Parole Agent any pointers for the exam?

Comment

Really no pointers. Just because its like an exam you have never seen before. Its all situational so they will give you a paragraph of a scenario, give you some options to choose from and then it will tell you what options to do next. Need alot of common sense and keep officer safety in mind.

Comment

any update? I can't find the testing on the list. Also do they want someone who has a degree more over experience? I don't have a bachelors, however I have 4.5 years experience.
        Am I Clear? Code Seven...

Comment

Thanks Big House anything helps but thats what I keep hearing that there is no way to study. As for the last post the testing will not be on the list cdcr was only accepting applications on the 24th of June but at about a dozen locations statewide. I would say a degree is very important compiled with experience because there is going to be a lot of competition out there. Some might have a B.A. and M.A. plus experience tough to beat that.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I missed my shot and will have to keep my eye out for the next go around. Please keep up to date with this...
            Am I Clear? Code Seven...

Comment

Here is the way I described the exam after I took it (posted a couple years ago).

For anyone interested, I took the exam today. It was exclusively scenario based (eight scenarios). Each answer given opened a new set of scenarios (8-10 sub-sets per scenario). If I do X I then have to choose a, b, c, or d. If I chose Y I then choose e, f, or g. Once you answer the question you are directed to a different set of questions, based upon your initial answer. As a VERY SIMPLISTIC example. "You enter a door. Do you turn a) left b) right c) walk straight ahead d) return from where you came." If you answer (a) the book says to turn to page 31, (b) turn to 52, (c) turn to 16, or (d) turn to pg 74. When you turn to the page you are given new questions of the scenario as it continues.

Take it to a more realistic question. "You enter a house and see what you believe to be illegal drugs on the counter". You are given four possible actions to take. If you answer "correctly" your follow-up questions move you through the scenario. Answer incorrectly and you are told to go to the next scenario.

This was one of the most interesting exams I have ever taken. BTW, I hold a BA in Behavioral Science and a Masters degree in Educations so I have experienced my fair share of testing techniques.

No real way to study, like the MMPI it brings out an applicant's responses on a very primal level. Kudos to CDCR for this great exam…now let’s just hope my pattern of logic is what they are looking for.

Good luck, let me know if you have any questions.
              Last edited by st2001; 07-16-2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10904 users online. 468 members and 10436 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X