300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fbi sa

Hello folks, the only other FBI thread in here is two years old.

Anyway, I'm thinking of bailing out of local law enforcement because of our bleak economic situation. As far as federal law enforcement goes, the FBI SA position suits me best, I believe.

I have a four-year degree, military, and law enforcement experience, and I'm under the maximum age limit. I do qualify, and they are hiring right now. Five years ago I took the Phase I test and PASSED, then stupidly withdrew myself from the application process - my wife wanted to stay in one place rather than move around. Now the PD is talking about 10% pay cuts and layoffs, so I'm going to try again.

I already have a Top Secret clearance because of my work for the Army Reserves.

Do you think having withdrawn from the application process five years ago will hurt me?

What recommendations can you give me to get selected?
    MAC

The FBI SA thread STARTED 2 years ago, but people post in it just about every day. Also, PM sent.
    www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

If I were to do it all over again, I'd go to either the US Marshal Service or ICE. I liked Legacy Customs, the entire DHS merger of Customs and Immigration isn't really my cup of tea, if you knew what the agency was like before...change is not always better IMO.

If you are set on the FBI, Don't Drink the Cool Aid. The only decent Agents I know and worked with in my 31+ yrs were COPs prior to going to the FBI.
      Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

I am very much enjoying my career with ICE. As far as the FBI, I work with a lot of Bureau guys, and in my experience their bad rep is mostly undeserved. Every office has its a-holes, but it's what you make of it.
        Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEAGENT View Post
          I am very much enjoying my career with ICE. As far as the FBI, I work with a lot of Bureau guys, and in my experience their bad rep is mostly undeserved. Every office has its a-holes, but it's what you make of it.
          That seems to hold true in every agency. There are tons of jagoffs everywhere and ruin it for everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
            That seems to hold true in every agency. There are tons of jagoffs everywhere and ruin it for everyone else.
            Agreed, I never go down the road of bashing an entire agency based on one or even several bad experiences. Generally, I am able to find a good hook in every office that I might need to deal with and just abuse them (I get abused in return for ICE info but that's OK). Never call the main number for any government office or agency, there is a 99% chance you will get blown off.
            Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

MAc - As you have seen the FBI thread is still being used daily - you are probably already looking.

You will notice, now if you click the thread title, you are taken to page 1 (appearing 2 years old) instead of the last page. Before the update, it did not happen this way. Be sure you are viewing the last page in a thread or it will be old news.

Also, I saw no one answered your question. It won't hurt you to try again after dropping out, it happens ALL THE TIME.

Also, I dont know about your test - but the OFFICIAL word now is "Pass Phase I and never have to take it again."

Appears you already have what it will take to get selected, just be sure to do well in PH 2interviews.. That's the key.. People have posted behavioral questions in the other thread. good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4893 users online. 312 members and 4581 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X