Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Protection and Programs Directorate- 1811 jobs

Hey Everyone,

Came across these postings today for the National Protection and Programs Directorate, Criminal Investigator (GS-1811) positions out on USAJobs. (FS-335077-SW10). They close on the 20th of this month. A word of caution... a friend of mine was interested, and contacted the HR rep for the positions- They are NOT covered under 6c, nor do they receive LEAP. Just things to keep in mind if you're interested in these jobs.

EchoFed

Originally posted by EchoFed View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Came across these postings today for the National Protection and Programs Directorate, Criminal Investigator (GS-1811) positions out on USAJobs. (FS-335077-SW10). They close on the 20th of this month. A word of caution... a friend of mine was interested, and contacted the HR rep for the positions- They are NOT covered under 6c, nor do they receive LEAP. Just things to keep in mind if you're interested in these jobs.

EchoFed
    Who cares? THey are for FPS...
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Uh..
      This position is covered by law enforcement officer retirement provisions
      Last edited by madchiken; 05-07-2010, 09:18 PM.

Comment

I was trying to be helpful to others who may be interested in these positions. And, although the announcement says that, contact with the individuals responsible for the vacancy indicated that it is NOT covered by 6c provisions. You gentlemen/women were pretty rude. Maybe if a post doesn't pertain to you, you should just move on to the next one.

Comment

You are correct, this position is not covered under 6c... Because about a decade or two ago it became 12d.

Some advice, tell your "friend" that some paper pusher at OPM listed as a contact on USAJOBS usually isn't the best source of info...

Comment

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
            You are correct, this position is not covered under 6c... Because about a decade or two ago it became 12d.

Some advice, tell your "friend" that some paper pusher at OPM listed as a contact on USAJOBS usually isn't the best source of info...
            so what's the different between 6c and 12d?? Just wondering.....

Comment

Originally posted by go_fed View Post
              so what's the different between 6c and 12d?? Just wondering.....
              The easy answer...

(6c) = Applicable section under the CSRS retirement system (pre-1984)

(12d) = Applicable section under the FERS retirement system

Comment

Originally posted by SlimJim
                Anyone know what kind of training these guys receive or what the position actually entails?
                5 seconds on Google.....and guess what....?

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/...889058003.shtm

They are the criminal investigative arm of FPS......

Comment

Sounds like a great job, though I think this is a difficult position to start a FLEO career. I applied and these KSA's were pretty hardcore questions. I mean how many people have investigative experience on biological and chemical warfare.

Also found that link, but if you read the KSA's it seems like these boys do some different things than what is listed on that website. It also seems like they are looking for previous or current 1811's

Comment

I was actually more curious if anyone had any personal experience with this position or knew anyone that did. .
                    I know plenty of FPS 1811 having worked in DC....... It's the investigative arm of FPS..... They do cases just like any other 1811 but focus on crimes that occur on Federal Property......

Also do these guys go through CITP at FLETC. .
                    Yes.....

Comment

I was wondering if anyone else has applied to this position. I did so and uploaded all required docs and on usajobs it states application incomplete. Though when I go to app manager it shows complete. Not sure whats going on, just checking to see if anyone else is getting the same message.

Comment

Any confirmation if this position receives LEAP?
                        "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by bigeagle View Post
                          Any confirmation if this position receives LEAP?
                          Yes....they get 6c (12d) coverage and get LEAP.... just like most 1811 do.....

Got that from a former 1811 buddy who went over to another agency.....

Comment

Tell me if I am understanding this correctly.

If you had 5 years service as an 1811 with FPS and were over the age of 37, you could apply to other agencies (for an 1811 spot) and you would be ok?

I understand the 6c coverage issue, but when I read through the announcement I didn't see anything mentioned about a lautenberg agreement. I thought these two things went hand in hand.

Comment

Lautenberg has nothing to do with 6c coverage or ability to transfer to other agencies. Its about Domestic Violence and being able to carry a gun. Reference this: http://www.tsa.gov/assets/pdf/Lautenberg_Cert_v2.pdf

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9397 users online. 451 members and 8946 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X