300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Mass Hiring?

Does anybody know or have an idea of when/where the next mass hiring of police is going to happen? I know Dallas is still hiring but it seems like they are slowing down. Any input would be great. Thanks.

Come on, anybody going to answer?

Comment

Are you referring to local departments or to Federal agencies?

Comment

Local departments, preferably large cities.

Comment

Baltimore City is always hiring. Having some budgeting issues right now but they are usually good for a couple of hundred rookies a year. Houston, Atlanta, LAPD, Phoenix, Mesa the list could go on. However, there is far more competition today than there was a few years ago due to the economy. IMO, once the economy turns around many people will jump ship to go back to the private sector and the flood gates will open again.

Comment

qadetfrgybhunj
            Last edited by hpy1; 02-06-2011, 10:48 PM.

Comment

NYC is in the middle of a massive hiring campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by BPD Once View Post
                Baltimore City is always hiring. Having some budgeting issues right now but they are usually good for a couple of hundred rookies a year. Houston, Atlanta, LAPD, Phoenix, Mesa the list could go on. However, there is far more competition today than there was a few years ago due to the economy. IMO, once the economy turns around many people will jump ship to go back to the private sector and the flood gates will open again.
                Phoenix won't be hiring anytime soon... They just narrowly avoided lay offs if I remember correctly.

Mesa just got done hiring(about 25).

Comment

Originally posted by Todd_west_coast View Post
                  NYC is in the middle of a massive hiring campaign.
                  With all due respect, if you are going to post something here and give people advice, do your research before getting someone's hopes up. NYPD hiring mass? They have a hiring FREEZE and are about to lay off 900 officers. It's on the FRONT page of officer.com
                  NYPD
                  Exam: 8314 11/08
                  Got the call: 1/7/11

"Last of the mohicans"

Comment

Originally posted by njdream View Post
                    With all due respect, if you are going to post something here and give people advice, do your research before getting someone's hopes up. NYPD hiring mass? They have a hiring FREEZE and are about to lay off 900 officers.
                    Not any more. After the failed bomb attempt in Times Square, they rescinded that.

My guess is they WILL be doing mass hiring, but there are tons of applicants already on their lists.
                    They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

I'm just giving this thread a bump. I know there are other guys out there that are wondering the same thing.

Comment

Since I'm on the job here I'll clear up the NYPD thing. And then I'll leave it at that since theres plenty of yip yappin on it over in the NY forum. We are not hiring enmass. In fact if your not on a list good luck, cause there are probably about 20K on the list. Our last 3 classes consisted on about 150 guys which is SMALL for us, considering since we used to put classes of 1500 every six months. The layoffs were a ploy by Bloomy to that idiot Patterson to bully him into not cutting our funding. I can't say it with certainty, but you won't see any layoffs. I give us about another year till we really ramp up again. However that could change soon cause a class is scheduled to go in in July.

Comment

Just to give you some insight about NYPD. I took the written exam almost 5 years ago. I called a recruiter a year after I took the test, and they said I would prob never get called for anything else. I just got a letter a month ago saying they want me to come take their medical exam. So if you are going to apply to the NYPD, I think it's safe to say you will be on the list for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_002 View Post
                            Just to give you some insight about NYPD. I took the written exam almost 5 years ago. I called a recruiter a year after I took the test, and they said I would prob never get called for anything else. I just got a letter a month ago saying they want me to come take their medical exam. So if you are going to apply to the NYPD, I think it's safe to say you will be on the list for a while.
                            NY and NYC are in horrible shape financially.

Pray for Wallstreet to start rolling again and that tax money will help...I predict 2012 for any "mass hiring".

Just my 0.02

Comment

Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
                              NY and NYC are in horrible shape financially.

Pray for Wallstreet to start rolling again and that tax money will help...I predict 2012 for any "mass hiring".

Just my 0.02
                              So they are going to start hiring when the world ends?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13593 users online. 450 members and 13143 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X