Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats on being referred duqjeep2010.

By any chance where did you apply to? Was it online? How does the process work? I am at this website and cant figure out where they list paq announcements are. Thanks.

http://www.osi.andrews.af.mil/questi...ians/index.asp
    CBPO
    Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
    TO: 2/2011
    Medical: 3/22/2011
    PT Test: 3/22/2011
    VBT: 3/2011
    Background: 3/2011
    Drug Test: 4/2011
    Referred to TSU: 5/2011
    PT Test 2: TBD
    FLETC: Good Question lol
    CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
    Info Session 9/2009
    Interview 3/2010
    COE 5/2010
    Medical 5/2010
    Fit/Background 7/2010
    All clear as of 11/2010
    FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• I am honestly thinking that it is just an automated email from the application manager. I went through the process and I was not selected (as far as I know).

I applied back in October after attending a recruiting event at George Mason University. From there I interviewed at Joint Base Andrews the end of January. About a month later I got an email from SA Smith saying that I was not selected. Now I receive that email and I am a little curious of what is going on. Perhaps someone washed out, or didn't pass the poly?

And to find the PAQ postings you need to scroll to the bottom and watch for the PAQ recruitment schedule to be updated.

Comment

• Thank you for the message.

That is possible. People probably failed x y or z steps. Or maybe they have an extra position/funding. Either or, you were just referred so congrats!

Okay I see it now thank you. By any chance, were you out of college when you applied? Cause it says SCEP is simliar to the PAQ announcement, however someone on this forum a few months ago was selected and he applied when he was out of school I believe?

And last question, and I promise to leave you alone the rest of the weekend! What is your background?

Take care
        CBPO
        Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
        TO: 2/2011
        Medical: 3/22/2011
        PT Test: 3/22/2011
        VBT: 3/2011
        Background: 3/2011
        Drug Test: 4/2011
        Referred to TSU: 5/2011
        PT Test 2: TBD
        FLETC: Good Question lol
        CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
        Info Session 9/2009
        Interview 3/2010
        COE 5/2010
        Medical 5/2010
        Fit/Background 7/2010
        All clear as of 11/2010
        FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• I am still telling myself that it was just an automated email until I talk to Randolf on Monday... as for my background

I am 24 and have a bachelors degree in Political Science with minors in Compute Science and Sociology.
          I am working on my Masters Degree in Social and Public Policy/ Conflict Resolution.
          I have worked as a lifeguard in high school and I worked for 2 years in the local court system as an intern.
          I am currently working at a major event staffing and security company as a security supervisor. As such I have been part of major sporting events such as the 2011 Winter Classic and various NFL kickoff events and an AFC championship game/ceremony. As doing so I am responsible for 20-50 staff members as well as responding to any security incidents in various areas of the stadium.
          I also have my PA armed security certification and do smaller armed security events.

For this one I should probably mention that I am an Air Force Brat and my dad was an Air Force Officer for 34 years. I also had a LoR from a Brigadier General as part of my application package.
          Last edited by duqjeep2010; 06-04-2011, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• If people drop out of the process, we move down the list as time and funding allow. We do not tell people they are "In Waiting" Etc because it sucks to give people hope that hinges on someone they don't know quitting or failing.

I am not sure if that E-Mail is generated by a dropped slot, but ping the folks you spoke with last and see what is up.

M-11
            “All men dream...... But not equally..
            Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
            but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
            for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

• Originally posted by M-11 View Post
              I am not sure if that E-Mail is generated by a dropped slot, but ping the folks you spoke with last and see what is up.
              I plan on it but I was out doing errands when I got the email and by the time I checked application manager it was like 6pm and they were out of the office. I sent SA Smith an email and I am going to call him on Monday.

Comment

• Hey dugjeep,

Got the same email saying i should hear back in the next 60 days if i get selected by the CARB,'but i recieved 3 emails ? One of which says duty location langley VA (which was one of my original choices, the other two automated emails had duty locations- "throughout the US" .... So its interesting trying to decifer whats really going on, I feel like this whole process is a test in itself! Anyone get something similar?

Comment

• Krez2445/DL6389,

Do either of you know of any other alternates selected for PAQ AFOSI, or have you heard any recent news? I too am an alternate, and I was trying to get an idea of how many more they selected.

Comment

• Apologies for the cross-post, but this thread seems more active than the other:

I had 2 questions about disabled veteran status:

1. The veterans' preference points paragraphs only mention 5pts and the 10pt "less than 10%" categories.

Tentative Veterans Preference will be given to all eligible applicants who meet the criteria. To receive preference applicants must provide: Copy 4 of the DD214 reflecting an honorable discharge. To receive 10-point preference, in addition to Copy 4 of the DD-214, you must submit an SF-15, Claim for Veteran's Preference (10-point veteran), plus proof from the Department of Veterans Affairs dated within the last 12 months or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying to the present existence of the veteran's service-connected disability of less than 10% with your application.

The other disabled vet statuses on SF15 don't seem to be addressed.

2. Is there any place to find the actual medical standards for AFOSI civilian agents? The standards mentioned in the announcement are pretty basic. Specifically, is insulin-dependent diabetes allowed? I developed Type I diabetes and was forced to medically retire from the Army due to being non-deployable. If the AF's standards for that are different I believe I'd have no problem with the rest of it.
                    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• hey proudad, I tried to pm you but your inbox isn't set up. I saw your post on 911 forum but I don't have an account there so I couldn't reply. Krez and you are the only people that I know were selected. Your best bet is to call Randy and speak to him, he will explain the next steps for ya, he's a real nice guy so don't hesitate to contact him, he's helped me clear up a lot of confusions regarding this process. If you want, pm me and I'll give you the details. But basic break down is assuming you passed the CARB, your next step is to wait, depending how many primaries were dropped or DQed during the BI, you might receive a call for a medical and drug screening in the next few weeks (the calls should go out in July or mid August at the latest to my understanding). If you do get a call for drug and medical assume they intend to hire (that is to my best understanding), once you pass that then you will receive a COE with your EOD date and location, a FOE will soon follow. Set up your inbox and send me a pm, I'll respond today with more details.

Comment

• just pm'd u

Comment

• Any one have any insight as to any "movement/hiring"? Just curious

Comment

• Well hiring freeze or no hiring freeze, they still keep posting vacancies on their website so I assume they still have at least a few slots to fill. Hopefully the great gate of news will open during September and October for those that are still waiting! Good luck to everyone treading in the pool!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8446 users online. 359 members and 8087 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X