300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFOSI - 2010 Hiring

Did anyone else attend the "Job Fair" for AFSOI today in Maryland? It was a nice surprise to hear the agent tell everyone at the start of the presentation that it was actually the job announcement and that we were applying. There will be no posting on USA Jobs for this entry level criminal investigator position. It was all today and they will be interviewing in the next 2 weeks. He also said they will be hiring a lot at the entry level. It seems like a great agency that does everything and is big on CT and CI.

Originally posted by Cman21 View Post
    Did anyone else attend the "Job Fair" for AFSOI today in Maryland? It was a nice surprise to hear the agent tell everyone at the start of the presentation that it was actually the job announcement and that we were applying. There will be no posting on USA Jobs for this entry level criminal investigator position. It was all today and they will be interviewing in the next 2 weeks. He also said they will be hiring a lot at the entry level. It seems like a great agency that does everything and is big on CT and CI.

How did you find out about this job fair..was it a generic job fair with OSI there?
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

NM, went to the website and found it.
      Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
        How did you find out about this job fair..was it a generic job fair with OSI there?
        The put a link out on their main website

http://www.osi.andrews.af.mil -- lower center part of the screen.

They are going to have a couple more job fairs (San Antonio and LA) in the coming month or so from what I understand.

regards,
        GatorFutureSA

DEA 1811 (June 2012):
        Applied - 06/2012

FBI 1811 (August 2012):
        Applied - 08/2012
        Phase I - 09/2012
        M & G - Pending

CBPO (Sept 2011):
        Applied - 09/2011
        Test - 09/2011 (Passed) - NOR 89
        VBT/SI - 11/2011 (Passed)
        Medical - 12/2011 (Cleared)
        PFT1 - 12/2011 (Passed)
        BI - 11/2011 (Pending - In Security Office)

ICE 1811 (June 2011):
        Applied - 06/2011
        Cancelled - 08/2012 -- sonofabitch!

Comment

Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
          They listed it as a "Job Fair" on their site but it was actually the application. There were about 6 OSI agents and they had a video presentation and a Q and A with the agents after. People that came from very far away had interviews and the rest will be done in the next 2 weeks. All the agents there were great. The way they put it is OSI is a combination of FBI, CIA and Secret Service. As far as what they showed they do that seems about right.
          You needed to register on their site before attending.

Comment

Originally posted by Cman21 View Post
            They listed it as a "Job Fair" on their site but it was actually the application. There were about 6 OSI agents and they had a video presentation and a Q and A with the agents after. People that came from very far away had interviews and the rest will be done in the next 2 weeks. All the agents there were great. The way they put it is OSI is a combination of FBI, CIA and Secret Service. As far as what they showed they do that seems about right.
            You needed to register on their site before attending.

Gotcha, sucks I missed out. Im in Northern Virginia and would have gone. Thats great they are doing the process like that. Good Luck!

Comment

Looks like it's for the PAQ program. Get ready for some competition. They usually only take 8-10 people per year while 1000s apply.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I spoke with a gentleman at Andrews who was running the PAQ program, and he indicated that the Job Fair hiring was a seperate deal.
                "Well, there is a delicate corneal inversion procedure... multi-opti-pupil-op-to-my. But, in order to keep from damaging the eye sockets, they've got to go in through the rectum. Ain't no man going to take that route with me."

Comment

Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                  Looks like it's for the PAQ program. Get ready for some competition. They usually only take 8-10 people per year while 1000s apply.
                  It is not for the PAQ program. I asked someone. That is something different. There were about 40 people in my group and the group before and after mine was about the same. There were 4 groups total which to me was not a lot of people considering it is the only day.

Comment

I wasn't there so I don't know. It just has this on the website with the job fair you're talking about:

"In the past, PAQ positions were filled via an open announcement posted on the USA JOBS web site. Beginning in FY 10, AFOSI will be filling its PAQ positions via college campus recruiting interviews and outplacements from the Student Career Experience Program (SCEP). The following is a list of upcoming recruiting events for 2010 Special Investigations Civilian Career Field Palace Acquire Program. This schedule will be updated as dates become firm. All recruiting is done through college campus visits. Interviews will be scheduled at a later date. Prospective employees must attend a recruiting event for an opportunity to apply with AFOSI."

Comment

I was wondering if anyone knew if these positions have to move around a lot? Or if you apply for say LA and then would you stay in LA for most of your time?

Comment

Originally posted by burton View Post
                        I was wondering if anyone knew if these positions have to move around a lot? Or if you apply for say LA and then would you stay in LA for most of your time?
                        From what I've heard you can expect to be transfered a few times within your career. Expect oversees deployments as well.

Comment

I wasn't there so I don't know. It just has this on the website with the job fair you're talking about:

"In the past, PAQ positions were filled via an open announcement posted on the USA JOBS web site. Beginning in FY 10, AFOSI will be filling its PAQ positions via college campus recruiting interviews and outplacements from the Student Career Experience Program (SCEP). The following is a list of upcoming recruiting events for 2010 Special Investigations Civilian Career Field Palace Acquire Program. This schedule will be updated as dates become firm. All recruiting is done through college campus visits. Interviews will be scheduled at a later date. Prospective employees must attend a recruiting event for an opportunity to apply with AFOSI."
                          Are you serious. What you posted is on their site under civilian agent and explains the ways to become an agent. There is a whole website to AFOSI not just today's session. There is even a link showing that for PAQ you need to attend a session at a college campus and lists those dates and campuses involved. As the recruiter on the phone and the agent running the presentation today said this was for entry level 1811, not the PAQ entry level. They even had some college kids there that they pulled to the side after to tell them what they should do. You are either a know it all or wish you knew about it to attend.

Comment

From what I've heard you can expect to be transfered a few times within your career. Expect oversees deployments as well.
                            Ahh well maybe I will go and check out for the internship that they had on pdf. Does anyone have a link to info on the LA job fair i cant find anything about it. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by burton View Post
                              From what I hear you don't move around within the CONUS much, but you do get a fair amount of TDY overseas / deployment.

I'm sure one of the OSI agents can speak more about mobility, etc.

I'm happy they've opened an entry-level announcement. I started my 1811 ambition with OSI after seeing an opening for a Computer Crimes Investigator...alas my dream was temporarily crushed when I realized it was for a YK-2 (not entry-level) slot.

regards,
                              GatorFutureSA

DEA 1811 (June 2012):
                              Applied - 06/2012

FBI 1811 (August 2012):
                              Applied - 08/2012
                              Phase I - 09/2012
                              M & G - Pending

CBPO (Sept 2011):
                              Applied - 09/2011
                              Test - 09/2011 (Passed) - NOR 89
                              VBT/SI - 11/2011 (Passed)
                              Medical - 12/2011 (Cleared)
                              PFT1 - 12/2011 (Passed)
                              BI - 11/2011 (Pending - In Security Office)

ICE 1811 (June 2011):
                              Applied - 06/2011
                              Cancelled - 08/2012 -- sonofabitch!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6048 users online. 226 members and 5822 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X