300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEA Investigative Assistant Position

I'm interviewing next week with DEA for an Investigative Assistant position, and I have a few questions:

1. Is this a "Rule of Three" position? That is, am I one of the current 3 applicants interviewing for this job? I like to know my competition.

2. Can anyone give me an approximate time-table for this? I applied in March (the announcement closed 3/30/2010) and got the call around the April 6th. Is this unusual? It seems very fast for Federal employment.

3. How does the rest of the hiring process go? The representative who set up the interview asked me some preliminary questions and told me some of the things that they would ask during the interview. These included questions about my financial and credit history, drug use, and criminal activity. I assume that there is a polygraph and drug test necessary for employment; will these be conducted as part of the interview?

4. Does the quoted base pay included the regional differential? The position is in NYC, which has a differential associated with it, but I don't know if it is on top of the salary I was quoted or already included.

5. What is the promotion potential for this position? Is it possible to go the SA route after a few year in admin? My experience is in corporate security and investigations, and I figured getting into the Agency would add something nice to my resume.

I know that is an awful lot, and I appreciate any information provided. If you can't tell, I'm nervous about the interview....

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9605 users online. 452 members and 9153 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X