300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSA K9 Announcement

Has anyone heard anything regarding the TSA K9 position for explosives detection? There was an April 2nd cutoff and I received an email stating that the applications were under review. Haven't heard anything since...........

Applied March 30th
    ATF 1811 SA
    Applied - 10/13/09

CBPO (GEO - Philadelphia)
    Written Test - 5/11/09
    NOR (87) - 6/10/09

ICE IEA (GEO - Philadelphia)
    Written Test - 6/1/09
    NOR (88.9) - 6/22/09

ICE 1811 SA
    Written Test - 7/28/09
    Written - Passed - 8/10/09
    NOR (80.5 ugggh)

I spoke with the Assistant Federal Security Director (AFSD) in MIA, and the apps that were turned in prior were held, until this announcment was closed. No it doesnt answer your question but gives a better idea that they wanted more peoples apps. Anyway, If you have experiance and get in, K-9 is great....Good Luck
    "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

Just looked on USAJOBS, mine says Reviewing Apps, for MIA....date 4-13-10

Comment

Originally posted by MP-K-9 View Post
        Just looked on USAJOBS, mine says Reviewing Apps, for MIA....date 4-13-10

Mine says application status "Application Status not Available" and that my documents were "uploaded but not retrieved".

I get emails when everything updates and this is the latest:

It previously read New Status: Reviewing Applications but now I have this....

New Status: Resume Received
        ATF 1811 SA
        Applied - 10/13/09

CBPO (GEO - Philadelphia)
        Written Test - 5/11/09
        NOR (87) - 6/10/09

ICE IEA (GEO - Philadelphia)
        Written Test - 6/1/09
        NOR (88.9) - 6/22/09

ICE 1811 SA
        Written Test - 7/28/09
        Written - Passed - 8/10/09
        NOR (80.5 ugggh)

Comment

Originally posted by MP-K-9 View Post
          I spoke with the Assistant Federal Security Director (AFSD) in MIA, and the apps that were turned in prior were held, until this announcment was closed. No it doesnt answer your question but gives a better idea that they wanted more peoples apps. Anyway, If you have experiance and get in, K-9 is great....Good Luck
          Just applied to NJ / NY announcements. Quick question... I don't have any K-9 experience. Do you NEED to have it? I didn't see that as a requirement.
          NYPD
          Exam: 8314 11/08
          Got the call: 1/7/11

"Last of the mohicans"

Comment

Yes K-9 Experience is a must, even know its not show. TSA could still hire you I suppose. K-9 is very difficult, granted your going to be send to an academy.
            Last edited by MP-K-9; 04-16-2010, 08:50 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

were do you guys get all this information as to when they are hiring is it a web site can i get it please

Comment

Originally posted by jramos25 View Post
                were do you guys get all this information as to when they are hiring is it a web site can i get it please
                http://www.usajobs.com/

Comment

Keep in mind guys that this job is not law enforcement. You get a dog, the training and that is it.

Comment

Originally posted by MontgCounty33 View Post
                    Has anyone heard anything regarding the TSA K9 position for explosives detection? There was an April 2nd cutoff and I received an email stating that the applications were under review. Haven't heard anything since...........

Applied March 30th
                    I received an email from them about a week ago to register for their candidate dashboard. When I did I can now see where I am in the process. I am awaiting scheduling for the written. I can also see my FAMS application on there as well.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything from the TSA about the April 2 announcement

Comment

Here's another question/thought. After your first dog retires, do you get sent back for another one or do you get sent to the lines to check peoples luggage??
                        Conduct every traffic stop extending the olive branch of peace; while having a tactical plan to kill everyone inside the vehicle

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11928 users online. 472 members and 11456 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X